PDA

View Full Version : In Desperate Need!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sherri200
Sat, Aug-27-05, 20:28
I Am 32 Years Old And I Am 200 Pounds. My Back Is Sore Because My Chest Is A 42d And I Am Really Out Of Shape. I Don't Know How To Eat Right. Help!!!

ChicknLady
Sat, Aug-27-05, 21:37
Hi Sherri!

Welcome! You've made a great first step by coming to this forum- everyone here is very helpful and there is alot of knowledge floating around. My suggestion would be to first go buy a copy of Atkins' New Revolution or Protein Power. You need to learn what to eat, but you also need to know why you are supposed to eat it. Low carbing a great weight loss tool, but it is a whole lot more also. If you spend the time to really understand the reasoning and science behind the low carb diet, it's a whole lot easier to stick to it and make it a permanent change in your life. Good luck!

potatofree
Sat, Aug-27-05, 21:49
Ditto what ChicknLady said. There are many good plans that you can choose from, and reading up on it is a great start.

Here's an article comparing a few plans, and there's also a lot of reading in the forum.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/

hramsey76
Sat, Aug-27-05, 22:19
Hello and welcome to the board! I know reading the different rooms in here has helped me to keep motivated.

MissScruff
Sat, Aug-27-05, 22:22
http://scruffykat.com/welcome001.gif

jeannnette
Sat, Aug-27-05, 22:52
Welcome to the forum
I am on the South Beach diet and love it. Browse around here you'll learn alot about the different plans. Best wishes to you. I'm glad you are here!! :)

ICanDoThis
Sun, Aug-28-05, 23:09
I am doing a modified Atkins but need to try the induction again...You might look into the induction process to get you started. If you're needing some motivation, you are welcome to join our Christmas Challenge where you get to post 3 goals for the week and we're working our way down to 50 lbs lost by Christmas. We're there to encourage each other when needed. Come join us, and good luck on your journey! (link in my signature!)

Kikib1028
Mon, Aug-29-05, 00:49
I am doing the atkins diet and I really do love it. I also agree with chicknlady. Another great resource is atkins.com. It has almost everything the book has. Good luck and happy Lcing!

Nikara2005
Mon, Aug-29-05, 14:06
Welcome! Best wishes....;)

taranq1
Mon, Aug-29-05, 15:45
Welcome and read all you can! I've been dieting, for what seems, all my life! I'm 40 and just started back on Adkins August 15th. We are all here to help and support each other. Feel free to instant message me if I'm online. I will help any way I can!

Tara