PDA

View Full Version : Back From Hols!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Woodbee
Sat, Aug-27-05, 15:02
Hi Everyone!

I have returned! I have just had a nice holiday with my family in England and everything has gone to pot!
I stuck faithfully to the low carb plan for the first week away, despite, I'm sure, being a total pain in the arse about it - it's not the easiest diet to do in someone else's house, is it?
By the second week, I felt too awful either leaving stuff on my plate or doing my own cooking then eating totally different things to everyone else. I always think that a good guest just eats whatever is put in front of them!
So, I was looking forward to getting home and carrying on where I left off.

I was only back a couple of days and I have fallen down the stairs trying to move a wardrobe, which actually fell on top of me and broke my ankle!
Foodwise, I am now at the mercy of my children, bless them. So its cornflakes for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and 2minute noodles for tea!!! At this rate, I'll have put on all the weight I lost.
It is very frustrating just having to lie in bed or on the couch. I'm not drinking much water cos its a pain having to go up the stairs on my backside to the toilet, although my arms get plenty of exercise!
Right, I'll hobble back to the lounge on my crutches and hopefully catch you all soon :cry:

MissScruff
Sat, Aug-27-05, 15:18
http://scruffykat.com/welcome001.gif

Oh nooooooooooo! I am so sorry you are going through this! But, bless those babies for taking care of their mum! I fell down steep attic stairs a few years back and broke four bones in my foot so I completely understand the frustration! I pray you heal quickly!

Pam
Sat, Aug-27-05, 18:02
MissScruff,
Your stats are amazing...an inspiration. Is your story on here anywhere cause I would love to read it. You have done soooooo well! Good for you!
So soon you will be at goal! Pam

MissScruff
Sat, Aug-27-05, 22:29
MissScruff,
Your stats are amazing...an inspiration. Is your story on here anywhere cause I would love to read it. You have done soooooo well! Good for you!
So soon you will be at goal! Pam
Thanks Pam! Just click on Journal to read my story!

jeannnette
Sat, Aug-27-05, 22:41
Welcome Woodbee

You're in my prayers! You're children sound wonderful!! Welcome to the forum.