PDA

View Full Version : I feel fat!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pattiecake
Mon, Nov-26-01, 19:05
I just joined the forum. I really feel fat!! Bloated!! I hope the low carb diet will help with the bloating. I am 45 and having alot of water retention. Does anyone know if the diet will help this?

Doodle
Tue, Nov-27-01, 07:03
Welcome... You will be amazed at the rate of water loss. In fact, you really have to put some effort in to not become dehydrated. As they say "Drink till you float". Water water and more water, nothing else counts as water. It is essential to this WOL. Best of luck, DOods

KASSY
Tue, Nov-27-01, 10:29
Welcome

I have always had a big problem with water retention. I started the Atkins way of life on November 6th and have been drinking close to 100 oz. of water a day. Believe it or not, this has helped with my water retention and my "pouch" is getting smaller everyday. The water really does help.

Good luck :wave:

Kassy

gwilson38
Tue, Nov-27-01, 12:03
water retension can cause bloatedness but also I found when I was eating a lot of carbs- sugar- junk food I would feel bloated and gasy. I dont feel that anymore. This WOL really helps.

Homegirl
Thu, Nov-29-01, 12:50
Cutting out bread, pasta and sugar will definitely reduce--if not stop altogether--the bloating and gas.

after the first week or so (your body needs time to adjust to the changes) you will feel more energetic, clear of mind and better than you have felt in a long time.

Well, that's my experience but a lot of other people here would ditto what I've just said.

Atriana
Thu, Nov-29-01, 12:54
Give this WOE 2 weeks - it will make a believer out of you! I would bloat up anytime I ate anything, but then most of my meals were heavily carb based. I almost never bloat now - only if I eat too much cheese.

pattiecake
Thu, Nov-29-01, 12:55
Thanks for the support, I already feel better after only 2 days on the LC plan. My swelling is much better, however the scales have not moved!

Homegirl
Thu, Nov-29-01, 18:19
Just give it time. We can't have everything we want right now :) But it WILL eventually start to come off. Take it from one who is waiting patiently for the last ten lbs to come off.

Amanda
Thu, Nov-29-01, 21:04
Hello there :spin:

Don't worry you will lose the weight!!!! Just hang in there.Your doing great. It's hard at first but it will get easier.

Bye :wave:
Amanda