PDA

View Full Version : new to this - any vegetarians?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Car0l
Thu, Aug-25-05, 19:15
Hi! I'm Carol, I'm 20 and have always been overweight. I've also been a vegetarian for almost a year and have lived with a vegan, so needless to say I've overcompensated in the carb department and have actually gained weight.
I was going to the gym over the summer 4-5 times a week doing an hour of cardio and other stuff, and didn't lose a single pound. My mom was going with me, and she suggested doing the atkins diet.
At first I was like no way, Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack and this diet is stupid, plus you have to eat all sorts of meat. I started with the bars and shakes and included salads and fake meats like veggie burgers, veggie hot dogs, veggie meat balls, etc. I've already lost 6 lbs. (!) I'm trying to limit my carb intake to 20/day.
I am, however, addicted to regular carbs - the staple of my diet was spaghetti. I'm doing okay with not eating as much, but I don't want to start getting in a bad mood. Does that happen to anyone? I guess I should read around.
okay also I do take vitamins and iron supplements. Meat doesn't provide people with the necissary nutrients people are programmed to believe it does. I'm not going to change being a vegetarian - I've got it under control.
Are there any vegetarians on here? Does anyone have any creative ideas? I'm already getting bored.
Thanks!
Carol

HollyAyott
Fri, Aug-26-05, 10:46
Hi Carol.. Welcome to the forum. You'll find this site helpful & informative there are lots of other vegetarians ( I am not one) on this site, look here

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Car0l
Fri, Aug-26-05, 23:44
thanks! awesome

Rosebud
Fri, Aug-26-05, 23:58
At first I was like no way, Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack
Just for the record, Dr Atkins did not die of a heart attack. His death was caused by a severe head injury, caused by a fall on an icy sidewalk.

Unfortunately the PCRM spread a lot of lies after his death as part of their agenda, and the heart attack story gained far too much credence. :rolleyes:

It is quite possible to have a very healthy low carb, vegetarian diet. Much more difficult, although just possible, to have a low carb vegan diet.

I wish you every success. :)

Rosebud:rose:

MissScruff
Sat, Aug-27-05, 00:39
http://scruffykat.com/welcome001.gif