PDA

View Full Version : Tech question for Wa'il

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LC Sponge
Sun, Nov-25-01, 10:04
Greetings Wa'il - sorry I missed you in the chat room! But further on that topic...

Is there any way that when a person is logged into chat, and then minimizes that screen to work on other windows (as I do) can be notified when there is activity in the chat room?

The same as when I'm using AOL instant messenger and posting on another board the little bar at the bottom of my screen flashes.

Is that or something similar a possibility here?

(As an aside, I find myself forgetting I'm in the chat room, and then when I close the internet I forget to sign off and so it looks like I'm still in the chat room for hours after)

Thanks for your technical expertise on this one. :)

doreen T
Sun, Nov-25-01, 10:14
I'm not Wa'il, but the answer is simply .. yes you can have a sound announce that another member has entered the chat room.

In the chat room window, the right column at the top, you'll see a row of three symbols. Click on the pushpin symbol, it will open a separate detached-status window with the list of user names, etc ... In that window, you'll see a speaker symbol, and the option to turn it on or off. This will announce when someone else enters the chat room ... I do believe it says "hello". :)

Doreen

LC Sponge
Sun, Nov-25-01, 10:17
Rats - I don't have a sound card.

fern2340
Sun, Nov-25-01, 10:42
Kind of off-topic but since you are talking about chat, just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten about the weekly chat sessions I had planned. I got through two weeks and now it is just too hard to nail down a time because I haven't been on the computer for an extended period of time in a while. Grad school is really doing a number on me. I only have two classes but I think my one professor believes that we have all the time in the world to spend on his class. He forgets that all of us work full-time and some of us have another class. :( Anyway, when the semester is over hopefully I will find more time. In the meantime, if anyone else wants to lead weekly chats that is fine with me! :) Ok, back to work.......

Linda

tamarian
Sun, Nov-25-01, 14:18
No, just the sound trick as Doreen explained. :(

Wa'il