PDA

View Full Version : I second that! I need support too!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sukey
Sat, Nov-24-01, 15:40
I'm so discouraged.firstI'm on lo-carb then on slimfast,I don't even know anymore ,my head is spinning.I know , I feel good on lo-carb,but I starve on slimfast,I lose weight faster,but I am always hungry and dizzy,on slimfast.I need support "BAD" please help some of you good people out there. I would appreciate it so much....Sue

tamarian
Sat, Nov-24-01, 15:57
Slim fast, and all starvation diets are very good at losing weight, but that weight is muscle. If you lose 10 lbs of muscle, you'll have a higher body fat ratio, and would look flabbier. The good thing about low-carb, is you lose fat and look leaner.

I notice you have read Atkins and Protein Power. If this was a while ago, read Protein Power again, there's a very good description of why it works. My favourite is chapter 3, and the role of insulin resistance.

Browse around our forum and web site, there's loads of information to help you long, and be patient, this is not a 1 week plan :)

Wa'il

Natrushka
Sat, Nov-24-01, 18:30
sukey, I second Wa'il's suggestion. Reread PP and if you can get your hands on it Protein Power Lifeplan as well. This WOE does work and can be sustained for the rest of your life. You do not go hungry; you have lots of energy; you feel great. Weight loss isnt enough, you need to lose body fat and you need to lose it slowly and consistently. A loss of 2lbs a week of body fat is normal, safe and highly desireable; it permits you the time to learn new behaviours that last the rest of your life. If we lost the fat we needed overnight we'd end up learning nothing and eventually be right back where we started.

Nat