PDA

View Full Version : new and need support

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

silence
Thu, Nov-22-01, 21:35
i'v been on the low carb diet 4 over 5 months, i lost several pounds at first but 4 some reason gained it back and more even though i didnt cheat.

now i am trying again. with new information on websites like this. i have lots to learn.

i am also working full time, sometimes until mid nite or past. waking up at 8 in the morning and cooking. this is tiring me out.

and another thing is that i cook for my room mate. and there is a difficulty because she refuses to do the low carb thing. and she keeps saying that the food i make r too fatty. and we r splitting the grocery bill, so i dont really know what i should do. and she is the kinda person who would NOT tell u if something is wrong, she'll just wait until u figure it out or start acting weird.... sigh....
and she would do stuff like keep offering me brownies and fries and such even though i keep telling her no.

i need some support! its hard on my own.
thank u for listening to me rant. :)

lilwannabe
Fri, Nov-23-01, 00:57
Wow...That must be really hard for you. She sounds just plain cruel to me. I would start looking for a new room-mate. Or at least be making some revisions of how you share things. If she absolutely is not interested in your WOE, then I would say it was time she started cooking for herself. And maybe you could stop splitting the bill. It sounds like she could be difficult to talk to about this stuff, so maybe you could write her a letter, expressing your feelings, your wants, and your needs. It can be done without making the other person feel bad if it is done with "I" statements...and not the accusatory "You make me..." statements. Tell her how important this is to you. If she is a real friend, she will see how her behaviour is affecting you.

I don't know what to say about your gain...other than I do believe that stress can lead to holding on to, or perhaps gaining weight. And it sounds like your life is very stressful.

I can relate to working the late hours too. I work nights, and I know that that has an effect on my weight loss. Not enough rest is a killer...our body needs its rest. All I can say, is get the rest when you can.

You have come to a very good place for support. I have received some really helpful ideas on how to deal with my progress, or lack of, and the information is great. I wish you lots of success and hope this has been helpful.
:wave:

EllieEats
Fri, Nov-23-01, 06:08
Welcome aboard Silence!!
You've come to the right place for help. I also think you and roommate should buy separately on food and each cook your own. She is NOT encouraging and that makes you wonder....
But please don't give up---- just try to make different arrangements with the food. Hang in there
Ellie :wave:

gwilson38
Fri, Nov-23-01, 09:47
posting to U from calgary!!!! I am not familiar with sommersizing, I hear it works great for lots of people. But i would read some other low-carb books. Maybe U need to switch plans for awhile. I would be straight with your room mate and tell her how important this way of eating is to U. Im sure U can come to a compromize..lol and tell her to hold the fries but pass the steak. Are U exercising? Taking vitamins? Drinking hoardes of water? Those are key factors in weight loss. Good luck to U!

silence
Fri, Nov-23-01, 11:38
thank u ppl so much!
often all it takes is to know there is someone out there who understands!
ahaha, its hard to explain to ppl around me that dont understand y i have a plate of meat for lunch and y i chew on celeries all the time. and why when we go out for food i squeeze the bread coated garlic ribs with a paper towel!

ahaha, i 'v learned lots of tricks and tips that i want to share with everyone!