PDA

View Full Version : YIKES!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Chele
Tue, Nov-20-01, 13:22
Today is my first day on Atkins. I have to admit I am skeptical that I will be able to quit eating carbs and sugar. I guess that's why it's called an addiction! I have PCOS/PCOD with hyperinsulinism and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years. We have lost 2 pregnancies and started reading infertility books when one of them mentioned that "diet's like Adkin's aren't that far off." I then came across Dr. Atkin's New Diet Revolution. It fit me to a tee. But just the thought of having to give up sugar and carbs seems impossible and this WOE seems like it would taste very bland! My husband is not interested in changing his diet and so I am needing any support and advice anyone can offer. I am quite overwhelmed, but have decided that I may be able to prevent myself from becoming diabetic if I change my eating habits. Now I am in need of some stronge willpower!!
Thanks!
Chele :wave:

Natrushka
Tue, Nov-20-01, 13:34
Welcome to the board, Chele :) You'll find much information and support here. You'll also find out very shortly that this WOE is anything but bland! Check out the recipe forum for some great ideas and there's an article under "Low Carb Tips" called "jazzing up your induction" that should help you along.

I suggest you get a copy of Dr. Bernstiens Diabetes Solution and check out his website (http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/). Dr. B's is a Type I Diabetic who has been managing his illness for 55 years.

Good to meet you and best of luck in your LC journey :)

Nat

bsayne
Tue, Nov-20-01, 13:55
Congratulations in the first step! My husband is also unwilling to try this so I have to let him find his own way or watch and learn. We are also trying for a pregnancy best of luck there too. This is a great place to get ideas and support. There are alot of great products to add some Jazz to those meals.
Best of Luck! Look forward to reading about your success!
Bsayne :wave:

gwilson38
Tue, Nov-20-01, 14:17
I have been on Atkins for 7 1/2 months and i feel fantastic!! I actually went thru huge withdrawls from day 2-6 but since then I rarely crave sweets. Just stick with it and U will be amazed at how well this works.

Chele
Tue, Nov-20-01, 14:23
Wow! That was quick! I have never heard of Dr. Bernstien, but will definitely look into his book and website. Thanks for the advice Natrushka.
Not sure if I could get my husband into LC WOE. He has in the past talked about 'low carb dieting', but that was before he knew anything about it. He has gained over 50lbs in the 6 years we've been married, but only on accasion is he interested in losing any weight.
(bsayne-I have had 2 pregnancies but both ended in miscarriage. We'll keep trying and best of luck to you, as well!)