PDA

View Full Version : what is everyone eating?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gwilson38
Mon, Nov-19-01, 09:48
Im curious to find out what people are eating in a typical maintence day?? What I have been doing is take one day where I "high carb" [ meaning extra veggies and some fruit} then the next 2 days I watch what I eat again. I have had a potatoe once and another time I had corn on the cob. Yesterday hooooollly smokes I was hungry...lol I ate 4 pieces of KFC with the skin on and some coleslaw. I knew the coating would have carbs and junk BUT what I need to do now is to try different things every week to see how it affects my weight and energy level.

LC Sponge
Fri, Nov-30-01, 19:03
I do the same thing, Gale. I have reward *days* on which I have a treat. I don't eat fruit or grains every day but at least a couple of times a week.

Today was a typical maintenance day:

B. Flax toast with sugar&salt free peanut butter.
L. 1 can of salmon with 2 tbsp mayo
S. 1 chocolate-flax muffin
D. 1/2 roasted duck with braised fennel&veggie medley in a cream sauce and a salad.
3 coffees with cream

Tomorrow I run in the morning and will probably have an omlette and bacon for breakfast. Lunch with the Ottawa LC group (who I have never met before) where I will have some chunk of meat. Dinner will be likely vegetarian as a result.

I like "orchestrating" my meals like this, don't you? :)

gwilson38
Mon, Dec-03-01, 22:12
Thats one thing I want to start doing is making l-c muffins and stuff. Do U make this flax bread or buy it? I really do need to add a few more things to my diet for variety. I do have a recipe for a flax cereal I want to check into.

annalabeba
Fri, Dec-28-01, 08:54
I EAT A BANANA EVERY DAY AND I HAVE CRACKERS IN THE MORNING I EVEN CHEW GUM THE WHOLE DAY, AND I HAVE TO WATCH MY SELF BECAUSE I AM STILL LOOSING WEIGHT.

Kent
Fri, Jan-04-02, 22:21
My food on a typical day is:

Breakfast:
3 soft boiled eggs or
3 slices of extra thick bacon half cooked with two fried eggs. Coconut oil is used as the extra frying fat.

Lunch:
Grilled lamb 7-bone steak with one whole avocado.

Dinner:
Grilled ribeye steak with a small vegetable salad.
The salad dressing is almond oil and wine vinegar. The almond oil is an excellent source for Omega-6 fatty acid without other bad fats.
Two tablespoons of Carlson's Lemon Flavored Cod Liver Oil. This provides the Omega-3 fatty acids and the correct balance with Omega-6.

Snacks are macadamas nuts and fried pork skins with whipped cream cheese.

I love eating meat and fat so the Atkins' diet is of great pleasure.

:wave:

LC Sponge
Sat, Jan-05-02, 00:39
Hi Kent - congrats on your loss! You are almost there! Feels great doesn't it :)

Kent
Sat, Jan-05-02, 07:47
Thanks, L C.

When I first started Atkins in June 1999 my weight was 256 and my goal was 215. My wife thought I was doing great when I reached 230 and suggested that 215 was an impossible goal, since that was my weight on our first wedding anniverary 35 years earlier. However, I reach my 215 goal about a year later. Wish I had kept a journal.

I have since set a new goal of 205 and have stabilized at 215. My body metabolism does not know that I plan to go hard induction again this year the loose another 10.

To those who need help understanding the truth in body chemistry and healthy eating, please visit my web page at:

The Ultimate Nutrition Program for Healing and Health. (http://www.biblelife.org/vitamins.htm)

Enjoy,

Kent :wave:

LC Sponge
Sat, Jan-05-02, 09:40
Kent - that's an excellent website. What a lot of work must have gone into it.

I look forward to reading it more in depth as time permits, because what I read so far, is excellent - and written for the average person, which is a complaint I have of much of the material I find, that it written by rocket scientists, for rocket scientists.

gwilson38
Mon, Jan-07-02, 09:55
yesterday I tried oatmeal for the 1st time since lowcarbing. And was it yummy!! LOL I didnt even add sweetners just cream. I will try to eat that 2X a week from now on. I did well over Xmas.. lost a pound for the month of Dec and ate a few new things too.

LC Sponge
Mon, Jan-07-02, 20:01
Hey GW - do you use the rolled oats or the stone cut (we call it 'Irish oatmeal) oats?

Reason I ask, if it's the rolled oats and you are this happy about the flavour, trot yourself down to a local bulk food store and try the stone cut oats. They are AMAZING. Had them, and never went back to rolled oats - cook 'em the same way.

gwilson38
Mon, Jan-07-02, 20:49
Just went and checked my package and they be rolled oats Victoria. I will look into the other kind. I wonder about "sonny boy cereal" I know they contain flax but not sure what else is in it. Anyway I anticipate I shall have some fun trying out new foods!

Anleigh
Thu, Jan-08-04, 12:18
I eat BB Lite Yogurt a lot for a snack and when I need something sweet.

Trine
Thu, Jan-08-04, 16:25
I reached 2 lbs below my goal in Oct. I had been below 20 carbs a day for almost a year. I still don't go very much higher then 25. I keep tabs on calories and I stick to around 2000 a day. I could never eat that many while on low fat diets. I do excercise most every day and have dropped down to 120 lbs, but my weight does go up and down about 3 lbs. I love to bake. This is what has always been the biggest problem the love of sweets. I use maltitol and low carb flours, but find if I bake too much I won't leave the cookies, brownies pies etc. alone. They call to me from the kitchen :lol: I made low carb treats for Christmas and now they are all gone so I won't bake for a while. I make muffins and bread however. This is what I am eating right now:
B. 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 muffin or home made low carb bread, butter
L. 4 to six ounces of beef chicken pork etc. 1/2 cup fresh cooked veggies like summer squash, string beans, broccoli, muffin 1/2 cup strawberries sweetened with maltitol and 2 Tblsp. heavy cream. Sometimes I make ice cream with this.
I have a program that counts carbs so if I am not too high, I have a snack of a couple of Tblsp. sugar free peanut butter.
D. a small salad 2 ounces of chedder cheese, low carb dressing and a couple of hard boiled eggs, or maybe chicken salad or tuna salad. I do drink quite a bit of Diet-Rite soda and I always have.

Kathy54
Sat, Jan-10-04, 14:22
I reached goal in the later part of summer, then dropped 5 pounds under goal, with out trying ( 50-80 carbs aday) by about end of Oct and stayed there.

I have been eating like this (below) since about 10-15 pounds from goal, I'm a firm beleiver in reintroducing foods during OWL.

Breakfast: Most often is 1) Porridge, (made from oats, flaxmeal, wheat germ)
With one or two of the following:
1/3 cup blueberries,
1/3 banana, 1-2 Tbsp cream cheese, Sliced Almonds/walnuts, Devinci syrup, N/s jam, Cream.
2) Boiled eggs/butter one slice of toast (11carb no flour )
3) Toast/peanut butter.
4) Flax meal pancakes/n/s syrup.
I always have a fruit if I have #2-4 ,1/2 pear, apple gratefruit, orange.
Lunch: Most often is :1) whole can of Tuna over a salad/ blue cheese dressing
2) Meatball soup with greens, Mushroom soup with asparagus and tuna added.
3) Ceasar salad/chicken, chefs salad.
4) any left over meat with veggies.

Dinner: I eat everything I cook for my family, except I do not eat potatoes, brown rice,ect everytime they have it, just 3-4 times a week. I always have speg Squash in the fridge, so I'll have that instead of the starches. I find this has work very well for me. I just have extra veggies or meat if I need to.

Things I won't eat, White rice,white flour products, pasta.

Snacks: yogurt, cottage cheese/fruit, raw veggies dip,the rare shake,ch/pepperoni, meatballs chicken wings,1/2 grilled cheese sand.I eat 3 servings of fruit a day on average.

Treats: Chapmas N/S Ice cream 2-3 times a week, juicey gels, 1-2 a week, Ross choc bars 1-2 week ( useally with my coffee).

I have everything in my cupboard to bake low carb, but have'nt bothered.

I make choices throughout the day as to how many grains I have and that determines whether I have the starch at dinner.
Last night I passed on the noodles, but then had Nachos late at night, had I eaten a starch at dinner I would of for gone the Nachos. For me this works great and I feel I can easily live like this for the rest of my life, I never feel deprived.

Cheers Kathy P.S. Tomorrow is my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF LOW CARB"N Yeppee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!