PDA

View Full Version : Hey, im new to this, trying to get it right!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VivianG
Tue, Jul-19-05, 11:44
:help:
Ive been jumping from one dieting plan to the other for about....5 years, now, and the depressing thing about it, is that i appear to be gaining weight. Its gotten a little frustrating at thispoint, and u can imagine how much. But ive gotten a lot of advice about going low carb, and i thought, hey, whats to lose, huh?
I would really love some help and encouragement while I'm at this...Just started!

bkloots
Tue, Jul-19-05, 12:15
Sounds like you're ready to make a new commitment. Have you picked a low-carb plan? Have you got the BOOK that explains that plan? That's your starting place.

Here are a few of those books:
http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/index.html

Laura Richard's The Secret to Low Carb Success discusses and compares a number of different plans.

Ready? Go!
P. S. The library is a good place to find these for free.

Barbara

VivianG
Tue, Jul-19-05, 12:23
Thanx, a lot, ill check it out!

Akasha
Tue, Jul-19-05, 19:55
I agree- get the book! It's very helpful. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Pinkster
Tue, Jul-19-05, 20:06
Welcome Viv

Naledi
Thu, Jul-21-05, 03:33
Hi

Welcome to the forum. I think putting tight dietary restrictions on yourself can make you even more prone to overeating or stress-related eating. Instead of focusing on diet as a temporary solution, consider it a permanent lifestyle change. And you will really see the difference by the way you look at it. Anyway wishin you good Luck and great success!!

SLMDezi
Thu, Jul-28-05, 08:24
Hi,

I just wanted to drop by and welcome you to the forum...this is a great place for support and information...Best of luck on your journey to a new you!!

take care :wave: