PDA

View Full Version : New Dieter AKA 100th diet...but whose counting, right.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dmaximum1
Sun, Nov-18-01, 20:48
Hello! To all Past, present and future dieters.....I'm already almost ready to give up....I know there's that "G" word. I can't help it (Just feeling alittle sorry for myself).... I'll give you my background *AH.....the good old days*. 2 years ago I use to weight 122 pounds - I competed coming in first at fitness competitions and did quite a bit of fitness modeling aswell, since then I've put on 45 pounds and instead of feeling good about myself, I feel MISERABLE ***sniff*** I'v tried everything....I'm always hungry, i used to have alot o f willpower not it seems as though I have known...Please help, since my patience is runnig quite thin.. Perhaps someone out there can reccommend a diet with fairly quick results, I workout regularily, and the low carb dieters are appealing to me (I know that the weight loss is quick). However, I like to includem fruit in my diet as well.. Any suggestions i know most of the low-carb diets don't allow fruit.

Prosperous Dieting Everyone :wave:

gwilson38
Sun, Nov-18-01, 20:56
This is a great place for info and support so U have come to the right place. I know all about not being happy with yourself, cause I have dieted off and on for 25 yrs. My dieting days are officially over with because now I have a new way of eating. I am on the Dr. Atkins plan, and am relly please with the results. I had quick weight loss BUT more important after a week I wasnt nearly as hungry and when I ate I ate until I was full and still lost weight. I suggest that U research what plan would be best for U. There are some different low-carb books out there. And read the book[s] so U have a good understanding why lcing works and the dos and donts. Good luck Im positive U will do well.

Karen
Mon, Nov-19-01, 01:31
In the Technical Low Carb Forum, there is a section called Low Carb Plans that has synopsis of many different plans.

Also, check out Suzanne Somers books if you want to eat fruit.

A few caveats...

If you've gained weight through low-fat dieting, or low calorie dieting, your metabolism may be out of whack and it may be harder to lose weight.

With 45 lbs. to lose, the loss may seem slower than if you have 75 + pounds to lose. Percentage wise though, it will be the same.

Whatever you choose - and LC is a very satisfying WOL - it's for life! Any diet you jump off and on of, will give you off and on results.

Karen