PDA

View Full Version : New!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Vanilla_X
Tue, Jul-12-05, 22:58
Hey all,

I'm new here and am giving a quick introduction. I'm a married 30 y/o female who was diagnosed with pcos a few years ago. I also have insulin resistance.
Last March (2004) I began a low, low carb diet loosely following Atkins. I worked out and ate mostly protein. (My "carbs" consisted of vegetable juice and salad.) It was the first time I really stuck with a diet. On July 9, 2004 I found out that I was pregnant!!!! Me and my husband have been trying for years to have a baby! It was so exciting, and I truly believe it was because of the low carb diet I was following. Unfortunately, my son was stillborn in the 7th month- he was perfect but the placenta failed and no one knows exactly why to this day. It was devastating for us.
Anyhow, we just bought a new house and I want to begin low-carbing again real soon- make a fresh start. The side effects of low carbing like feeling better, shrinking and conceiving aren't that bad! :D

I'd like to see what women in a position like mine have to say. Have any of you had trouble getting pregnant? Did a low carb eating plan work for you?
Any success with Glucophage?

Dawn

doloresrod
Wed, Jul-13-05, 00:08
Dawn, I'm sorry about your son.
I wanted to welcome you to the forum.
My first suggestion would be to start a journal. You'll meet alot of great friends and have a ton of support.
Take care,
Dolores

Vanilla_X
Sat, Jul-16-05, 19:50
Thank you :D I really like this site, and I'll begin an official journal once I'm seriously low-carbing again. Right now, in the middle of moving and the chaos it's so hard to stick to a regimen. But I'm determined and can't wait to do it again. I like looking at everyone's ideas in the mean time and hearing what worked for them.
Soon I'll be sharing!

Thanks again for welcoming me:)

Dawn, I'm sorry about your son.
I wanted to welcome you to the forum.
My first suggestion would be to start a journal. You'll meet alot of great friends and have a ton of support.
Take care,
Dolores