PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday morning from Ohio....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

emndarmic
Fri, Jul-08-05, 08:43
Hello,
I am a 33 year old mother of 3, girl (8), boy (7) and a baby boy (7months). I have been over weight most of my life (what I wouldn't give to be the weight I was in high school when I thought I was JUST SO FAT:))
This time I am bound and determined to look good to myself, fortunately (or unfortunately don't know which), I have a husband who doesn't care if I weigh 214 pounds, sometimes I wish he did care it would motivate me more, but then I would think he was picking on me LOL.
We both started Atkins on 6-5-05 and stayed on it a month and decided to switch over to low fat after we had a carb fest for 5 days over the 4th of July holiday, well needless to say- I put on 5 lbs and my husband put on 8 and I swelled up huge in my calves and ankles and have felt like garbage, so we both decided we felt better following the low carb way of eating. Started back yesterday (7-8-05 Thurs) and have had absolutely NO energy and hungry, hungry, hungry, I ate more yesterday low carb than I did eating high carb over the weekend :)
I love to use the "Walk away the pounds" videos, I walk 3 miles with it ( I am ready to buy the 4mile), and started the "Power 90" circuit strength training yesterday, I have exercised faithfully since the beginning of June and can tell a huge difference just from exercising. I also like to walk on the treadmill a little, I am wanting to start running but have never ran any certain distance for very long ( it hurts to run to far and I can't catch my breath:) and don't know how to get myself into enough shape to start running :wave: . Any ideas??? Thanks for reading... sorry so long....
God Bless,
Amy

edie
Fri, Jul-08-05, 12:27
Hi! Low Carb is much easier than low fat for sure, and the results are better. Why don't you start a journal?

Brennabug
Fri, Jul-08-05, 12:33
hello!
good idea coming back to LCing! i have the 4 mile walk too but i am so heavy and outta shape i am done at the first 2 miles. But it is nice and safe. I wish you well on this trip, its only hard the first 2-3 weeks! and this board is a GREAT place to come hang out when you get the yang to open the fridge or cabinet and scramble for carbs. My daughter is 8 too, right now she is at granmas house but i already told her when she comes back there wont be anymore sugar in the house. She will be low carbing too and i can only hope this WOE will follow her for her whole life and she NEVER knows what it feels like to be overweight! welcome again
Brenna

eric909
Fri, Jul-08-05, 18:12
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif You need to start slow when running at first I was out of breathe and could not last a half mile now I can do 4 miles no problem. I used the "The Couch-to-5K Running Plan" I found on this website http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
now I cant wait to get out there and run it feels great.