PDA

View Full Version : Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed Nut Butter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Karen
Fri, Nov-16-01, 01:49
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed Nut Butter

I bought this thinking it was a butter like substance made out of hemp oil and was surprised to find a nut-like butter. Well, it even said so on the label.

Slightly grainy with a pleasantly green taste similar to pumpkin seed butter. It’s a bit carby, but interesting.

Ingredients: Shelled Hemp Seeds

Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
Calories: 160
Protein: 11
Fat: 9.8
Carbohydrates: 7.2
Fiber: 1.4

www.manitobaharvest.com

Karen

IslandGirl
Fri, Nov-16-01, 12:49
:D

... um

a bag (vacuum sealed) of the hemp seed flour ... ideas??

Karen
Fri, Nov-16-01, 15:26
I had a bag too, intending to make Shepherds Loaf with it. Well, I've only made it once and that was for stuffing at Thanksgiving. I gave the bag to Wa'il. May be he used it in some interesting way.

Karen

doreen T
Fri, Nov-16-01, 16:02
I've seen Manitoba Harvest roasted Hempseed Nuts .. kinda like the roasted Soy nuts I guess. I didn't buy them, because they were rather carby as you say. One thing I'm noting is that hempseed oil is coming down in price :thup:

On an unhappier note .. a handful of farmers are really trying to make a go of growing industrial and nutritional hemp ... and the rules and regulations make it so tough. I heard of one Ontario producer who had his entire crop destroyed because a single sample contained a fraction of a percentage too high THC content.

:bash:

Doreen

tamarian
Fri, Nov-16-01, 16:19
Karen,

Congrats on the launch of your web site!!! :thup:

Wa'il