PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bigdaddys
Fri, Jul-01-05, 19:55
Just want to pop in and introduse myself. My name is Rob and I am here to seek guidance and hopefully motivate anyone thinking that it is impossible to follow this lifestyle. I have used the Atkin's plan previously and lost over 100lbs doing it. Of course I treated it like a "diet" and not a lifestyle. Needless to say I blimped out to even larger proprtions. I realize from my mistakes and will triumph over this. I will overcome the induction then bingeout/blimpout mentality. I am thankful that I am still able to exercise without my legs giving in to the weight. No terrible mental breakdowns yet. But meat and fat are some of the things I love most.

BetyLouWho
Fri, Jul-01-05, 20:35
I think that we usually know what are weaknesses are, and for what reasons (other than hunger) that we eat. I'm glad that you are looking at low carb as a lifestyle rather than a diet. I'm new to this way of life myself, but there is no doubt in my mind that my "other life" was full of bad habits that lead to poor health, low self esteem and a feeling that life is on hold "for now". I have sat on the sidelines of life for too long, and I'm ready to get back in the game. Come along brother! Great progress so far!! Cheers! :)

leslieam
Fri, Jul-01-05, 21:16
Hi Rob! Welcome to the site! :wave:

You will find tons of support and information here. You are right in that LC is a WOE, not a diet. That is how I look at it - I hardly even think about making the right choices because it just comes naturally now. And I feel better than ever!

Best wishes as you start your new WOE and WOL!

eric909
Sat, Jul-02-05, 00:53
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Laydebleu
Sat, Jul-02-05, 06:46
Welcome Rob. I am 19 days new here and I have to remind myself of how I got where I am. I feel much like betylouwho. I felt as if my life was on hold while I raised my kids and ate my way to the sidelines. Even after only 19 days I feel so much better. I want this for me. (and that is a first) I have never been good a doing things for myself but this one I want! Good luck to you and just give a shout if we can help!