PDA

View Full Version : sick & tired of being sick & tired

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BetyLouWho
Thu, Jun-30-05, 10:02
Hello Friends :wave:
I decided that low-carbing might be for me since all of my weaknesses/comfort foods seem to be breads, potatoes etc. My "reasons" for arriving at one hundred lbs overweight are not unusual and alot of people here have had similar experiences: just careless for the first 30, quitting smoking for the next 30, then my pregnancy and miserable relationship can be blamed for the rest. The truth is that only I am responsible for what I eat and for whatever emotions are a trigger. Food is a drug that Isn't working for me anymore. I owe it to my baby to be happy.

I am thrilled to announce that I recently lost 200lbs!!! As soon as he (the 200 lbs about which I speak) walked out the door it was as if a breath of fresh air came through. Now I have the strength to look honestly at myself, my eating habits, my future as a single mom, and I have to take baby steps every day and every minute in order to put myself in a place where I can be happy and my little one would be proud to say. "That's my MOM. She's awesome"

So far I'm down 5 pounds of water weight in a week and a half, but I FEEL lighter anyhow. I can't wait to run again! Looking forward to checking in here for more of your inspirational words, recipes, (thanx Karen!) and successes! :D

leslieam
Thu, Jun-30-05, 16:24
Welcome! You will find tons of information and support on this site! :wave:

acwakip
Thu, Jun-30-05, 18:20
Welcome! This site IS awesome! You can do it honey!

doloresrod
Sat, Jul-02-05, 02:52
Welcome!
This site is awesome.
Start a journal. It has helped me tremendously by writing how I feel, what I ate and the amount of exercise I get.

Dolores :wave:

BetyLouWho
Sat, Jul-02-05, 20:01
I'm addicted already! This site is great!

Beeblebrox
Sat, Jul-02-05, 22:39
I am thrilled to announce that I recently lost 200lbs!!! As soon as he (the 200 lbs about which I speak) walked out the door it was as if a breath of fresh air came through.

LOL! Too funny! Welcome, BetyLou!

eric909
Sun, Jul-03-05, 00:40
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Plodding
Sun, Jul-03-05, 04:35
Hello! You can do this!! You're off to a great start! I can't wait to run also. You're right about baby steps!

JAnn
Sun, Jul-03-05, 08:50
You've come to the right place for encouragement and empathy. Welcome to the site.