PDA

View Full Version : Again!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

laurahr
Wed, Jun-29-05, 14:33
Hello everyone! I started Atkins in the fall of 2003. In one year, I lost 40 lbs. I went off the diet at that time and tried to be good to no avail and gained back about 13 lbs in 9 months. OUCH! Now I am at it again and having lots of trouble! No cheating for the past two weeks, but no loss yet. I work out an hour a day, 5 days a week. I could use some encouragement! Looking forward to getting into lots of discussion! :help: LK

fontayn!
Wed, Jun-29-05, 15:07
hi! welcome to the forum. i'm pretty new too, so my loss has also been very small (maybe not worth mentioning to some) but i remember last year when absolutely nothing i did seemed to make the weight come off at all. hang in there. i really think that our bodies just sometimes need time to adjust when we change our eating and exercise habits cold turkey, and once your system starts operating more efficiently, you'll see a difference! as for your exercise, wow, good for you. i was just thinking about how i got lazy this week because i had an extra commute to another city for another job and i was using it as an excuse to not workout. you're very dedicated, and that's very inspiring. hope things are going well. :)

hdyhouse
Wed, Jun-29-05, 15:25
I started Atkins in September of 2003. I read, in a chat room somewhere, a number of comments about a "silver Bullet". The gist of the comments was that the first time you do induction is the easiest and produces the most weight loss but that if you go back to non-low carb eating and then go back to Induction levels, it is more difficult to start and the weight loss comes off a lot slower. It sounds like you may be experiencing that now. Just stay with it and the weight will eventually start to come off again.

laurahr
Wed, Jun-29-05, 19:44
Thanks fontayn! and hdyhouse for the encouragement. I'm kicking myself for not sticking with it in the first place. I've been working out for about 3 years now with classes, machines, and weights. I feel really healthy, but my body doesn't really reflect that. Very frustrating! I recently purchased some Metabostrips and they indicate that I am metabolising fat, so I guess it might just take some time. Thanks again! LK

wammydoo
Wed, Jun-29-05, 20:03
welcome! :wave: I too had to re-sart. My last loss of control took me 8 months, to get back on track!
Good luck to ya, and you are certainly at the best place for support, and advice! :D

laurahr
Fri, Jul-01-05, 17:58
Thanks wammydo! I really appreciate the support so far! LK