PDA

View Full Version : Need some input....Please help!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LC_Newby
Sun, Jun-26-05, 19:55
I have been doing Atkins for about 3 1/2 months and have lost about 30 pounds but it drops in spurts. I have stuck to the induction diet accpept now and then having Atkins pancakes or muffins on occasion but whether or not I have them does not seem to effect how I loose. I exercise about 1/2 hour a night at least 4-5 nights a week if not every night. I will go for 3-5 weeks and not lose a pound then within 3 days I will drop 5 pounds and then go for 3-5 weeks losing nothing then drop 5 pounds over a few days time. It has been like this every since I got past the first 2 weeks where I lost 8 pounds. Has anyone else had this happen or does anyone else have any advice?

HollyAyott
Sun, Jun-26-05, 19:59
this is very normal. I am the same way, and you'll find lots of others here go through spurts or as we refer to them whoosshes. I have been the same weight for just about 2 months then lost 5 pounds now the same again... Its normal, you didnt gain it over night you wont loose it overnight right....

Welcome to the forum.

Jiggerz
Sun, Jun-26-05, 20:05
That's how I've always been as well.

LC_Newby
Sun, Jun-26-05, 20:05
I have gotten used to it but wasn't sure if this was usual or not. It helps to know that it is like that for others.

hdyhouse
Sun, Jun-26-05, 20:11
I also lose in spurts. The key for me is to keep eating on plan. Since this WOE is a lifestyle and not a diet, I know that as long as I stay on plan, I will not regain weight and will eventually begin losing more.

LC_Newby
Sun, Jun-26-05, 20:21
How long have you all been LCing?

anthem
Mon, Jun-27-05, 05:13
Hi there... Keep in mind that the human body is very adaptable. It is going to adapt to whatever you throw at it. This is why weight trainers have to keep switching their routines to keep the body guessing. If you establish a routine and you stop losing weight, try something different, like change what you do for exercise. Don't do the same thing 4-5 nights a week. One night do it rapidly for 20 minutes, another night do it slowly for an hour (whatever your exercise may be). Now that you are used to exercising almost every night, try going every other night for 45-60 minutes, or if you have a eliptical, try Tae Bo, etc. Just keep the body guessing! IMO, that is why the induction works so well, then tapers off (at least for me, and I almost have to get to 0 carbs to kick into ketosis--very resistant!). Find what works for you--and then change it when it stops working.

Good Luck!

LC_Newby
Mon, Jun-27-05, 06:08
See that is the wierd thing is my sticks always are purple so I am in deep ketosis so I don't really understand why it is such slow going for me. Still on induction and only losing an average of a pound a week. (again in spurts)

HollyAyott
Mon, Jun-27-05, 07:50
thoes sticks are waste of money, it measures ketones in urine, so if you drink lots of water or use them after youve eaten a large steak they will show dark purple, I was at one point loosing a pound a day and they never registered anything... Dont waste your money or aggravation....

hdyhouse
Mon, Jun-27-05, 08:02
I started Atkins on September 1, 2003. My longest period without losing weight is 6 months.

LC_Newby
Tue, Jun-28-05, 06:21
Thank you to everyone for all of your input and help!!! you are all great!