PDA

View Full Version : sommersizing but still fat

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

toriacres
Sat, Jun-25-05, 17:10
OK OK I'm not doing too well. I did Atkins the summer before last and lost 45 pounds. Maintained that loss for a year and then - began sommersizing because I was eating carbs and they were soooo good. Maintianed on SS but lost incentive when I quit smoking - 8 months ago - and recently have gotten on the scales to realize that I have found 43 of those lost pounds. I feel horrible. I can't breathe because I weigh so much. I am depressed and mad about all of this. I can't just keep beating myself up all the time. I can't just Atkins again - I just can't. I think I can sommersize and have found inspiration from AZ Dean, who has lost an amazing amount of weight and lives here in Tucson - (me too). I want to start and journal and get a grip on myself. So I am here. I will keep this as a favorites page and check to see if anyone else can identify with this bunch of complaining and whinning. I'm just sick of myself right now and scared too.

inwards
Sat, Jun-25-05, 18:09
Hi, I just started posting on this site and I have an idea that may help. I don't know what sommersizing is but if your breathing is affected by it, you may want to reconsider this form of exercise until you do get back in shape. Walking mixed in with a light jog will definitely tone up your leg muscles and expand your lung capacity. If you seriously look into yourself you'll find that beating yourself up doesn't benefit in any way. It's natural to feel bad about things now and then. Languishing and wallowing is just a way to martyrdom. You've lost the weight before. Pick up yourself and have another go at it. Nothing I write(or anyone else for that matter) can impact a change in your weight circumstance. It's an inside job.

toriacres
Mon, Jun-27-05, 13:35
hello. appropriate name "inwards". Thank you for the words of wisdom. You are right about a lot of things - it's all on me and my insight. I can't walk on the land right now - but I walk in the pool and do aerobics just about every day. I'm a ballerina int he pool - but on land I'm significantly challenged. Tell me more about you. What are you doing and why? Where are you?

marg283
Mon, Jun-27-05, 17:38
congrats on quiting smoking!!!

inwards
Tue, Jun-28-05, 17:18
Hi toriacres,

This is my first ever experience in a forum/chat type atmosphere. I'm drawn to it because of the 'lowcarb' theme. I'm writing to you out of Seattle, the Northwest. I'm going to be participating in the Seafair Full Marathon on the 10th of next month, July. It'll be my 3rd. The lowcarb lifestyle interests me because I'd like to shed more weight.