PDA

View Full Version : Any help for newbie?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cesm
Sat, Jun-25-05, 14:22
Hi! I just started 30 carbs a day yesterday. I am starving but I HAVE to lose weight! Any tips for those of us who love bread? Thanks for any advice!

Kristine
Sat, Jun-25-05, 18:30
Hi and welcome. :wave:

My best advice is if you're confused at all or overwhelmed, choose one of the three books you've read, and follow the plan to the letter. It's easy to get one's "philisophies" mixed up, and they're not necessarily compatable with one another.

Other piece of advice: eat! You should not be hungry. Some cravings are normal, but protein and fat are filling. Eat up!

Good luck. :wave:

Dodger
Sat, Jun-25-05, 19:30
When you want a piece of bread, eat a steak! There is no reason to go around hungry.

Brennabug
Sun, Jun-26-05, 00:43
yes EAT! you should not be hungry, you will make your body think it is starving and do even more damage, the craving for carbs will vanish is a few days. If you have it in your heart and soul that you want this weight gone you can do it!!!!!!!!

leslieam
Sun, Jun-26-05, 07:54
Cesm,

I agree with Kristine. I think if you pick a plan and educate yourself about the plan (by reading the book), you'll find that you will NOT be hungry. With Atkins, I am never hungry and if I get hungry, I eat. It's really wonderful and I've been highly successful on the plan. I feel better than I have felt in years! :)

And just like Brennabug said, the cravings for bread (or, as it was in my case, potatoes) will go away. Just stick to it and you'll do great!

Good Luck!