PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and salutations!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MyraS
Thu, Jun-23-05, 21:12
I'm new to this board but an old hand at low carbing. My name is Myra (the S in my handle is the initial of my last name), and it's always nice to be among like-minded LCers.

Cheers,

Myra

IdahoSpud
Thu, Jun-23-05, 23:05
Hey a fellow Californian! Welcome aboard Myra!

Lobstergal
Fri, Jun-24-05, 01:43
Hi Myra,

Funny seeing you here but I am glad you showed up. :)

(Jaime)

Quest
Fri, Jun-24-05, 06:30
Hi Myra,
Congratulations on your successful weight loss so far, and welcome to the board.

Naledi
Fri, Jun-24-05, 06:49
Hi and Welcome to the Forum, :wave:

I can see you have come so far and in no time you will reach your goal too. Wishing you Good Luck and Great Success.

Regards.

tardon
Fri, Jun-24-05, 07:24
Hello MyraS and and goodluck, hope to see you around the forum. Heres to reaching your goal weight

MyraS
Fri, Jun-24-05, 09:56
Jaime!

How're ya doing?

Myra

Hi Myra,

Funny seeing you here but I am glad you showed up. :)

(Jaime)

MyraS
Fri, Jun-24-05, 09:57
Hi Myra,
Congratulations on your successful weight loss so far, and welcome to the board.

Thank you and I'm glad to be here. I saw this place mentioned on ASDLC, and thought I'd mosey on over.

Myra

magikitty
Fri, Jun-24-05, 10:58
HI there. I look forward to seeing your successes!! Nice to make your acquaintance.

Air'ee

Lobstergal
Fri, Jun-24-05, 17:40
Jaime!

How're ya doing?

Myra

I'm doing very well and this place is *much* nicer :) then some of the *other* low carb places I have been in. The people here are friendlier and much more supportive.
I'm certain you will love it here as much as I do and I know everyone here will love you.

MyraS
Fri, Jun-24-05, 23:56
I'm doing very well and this place is *much* nicer :) then some of the *other* low carb places I have been in. The people here are friendlier and much more supportive.
I'm certain you will love it here as much as I do and I know everyone here will love you.

Thanks, Jaime! I'll try to do a little posting now and then. ASDLC isn't all that great a place to hang out anymore, but there are still some of the old crowd there - like Roger Zoul, who's become a good buddy.

BTW, thank you to everyone for your kind welcome - it's much appreciated!

Myra

Quest
Sat, Jun-25-05, 06:25
Myra, I saw your mention in another thread that you have stuck to LC through some long stalls--one 18 months long! It would be interesting to hear more about that--are you thinking of starting a journal here?

MyraS
Sat, Jun-25-05, 10:41
Myra, I saw your mention in another thread that you have stuck to LC through some long stalls--one 18 months long! It would be interesting to hear more about that--are you thinking of starting a journal here?

Long stalls indeed! But - BUT - the trend has always been downward, and I find that encouraging. This WOE is the only one that has ever worked for me, and so I stick with it.

As for keeping a journal - well, between the writing I do at work and the writing I do at home, I'm not sure I have enough left in me to keep a journal on top of it all.

Besides, it would be pretty boring, as I tend to eat very simply most of the time - my work week menu goes something like scrambled eggs or occasionally the eggs and sausage from a McDonald's 2-for-2 for breakfast; tuna, salmon or chicken salad for lunch, meat and vegetables for dinner. Two to three liters of water a day (one cup of coffee in the morning), almost no snacking at all (just never get hungry between meals).

Weekends are a bit more varied, depending on what I'm doing. Tomorrow, I'm going to the Angels-Dodgers game in Anaheim, so I plan to have a bunless hot dog, diet Coke and some peanuts there.

Like I said - boring. :lol:

Myra

Go Angels!