PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Spurlock's "30 Days"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Collateral
Wed, Jun-22-05, 21:41
Great show by the way....first 2 episodes were good. Anyone watch the guy that took the hormone and testosterone supplementation? Crazy, though i still take supplements to but not 41 a day!

Anyway watching that show i had a great idea that AMERICA can finally see the beauty of Low Carb.

This would take like 2 episodes, have 1 guy who is obese with health problems like diabetes and high blood pressure. Of course let the man still have a good sense of optomism.

Have the man for 30 days go on a low fat/low calorie diet and see the end results.

Then for another 30 days make him try the low carb like Atkins for 30 days and see the results at the end as well.

Either 1 first does not matter.

Which diet or WOL will have the greatest impact on weight loss, satisfying hunger, and improving health problems?

Wow anybody got morgan spurlocks emaiL?

omgrrl
Thu, Jun-23-05, 05:38
This show could really be an eye opener.

I loved Morgan's "Supersize Me."

However, I don't think his ultra vegan girlfriend would go for a low carb episode.

Halla

YojC
Thu, Jun-23-05, 09:23
I watched this show for the first time last night! I thought the same thing about doing a show regarding low carb, however I agree that his girlfriend would not want to promote a higher protein (possibly more meat) diet. Too bad!!

misskimbee
Thu, Jun-23-05, 09:31
Holy Crap! This is so wierd! I don't have cable (haven't for 2 years) but I was JUST thinking 2 days ago that Morgan Spurlock should do another documentary where he tries a low carb vs. low fat diet!! Huzzah!

scthgharpy
Thu, Jun-30-05, 15:46
That would be amazing. They would see the lo carb person NOT eating 2000 lbs of meat a day, VEGETABLES, and experiencing terrific energy, while the lo fat person would be bitchy, tired, hungry, and uncomfortable the whole time like I always was.

I dont have to tell you who would lose more weight at the end of it either!

nikkil
Thu, Jul-07-05, 04:41
I'd like to see them do this experiment but instead of having the same person do each plan, how about identical twins?? One on LF/HC and one on HF/LC and see what then results are after 30 days. Not just weightloss, but body fat loss, diet satiety, blood tests, emotional wellbeing, etc.

Faust
Thu, Jul-07-05, 14:51
Morgan Spurlock would never do it. In several places in his latest book Don't Eat This Book: Fast Food and the Supersizing of America (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0399152601/qid=1120768868/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-0430623-8791808) he refers to Dr. Atkins as "Dr. Fatkins," quotes Neal Barnard as being "authoritative" on dietary issues, claims the PCRM is objective and makes several general derogatory remarks about LCing, including the Zone and SB diets.

Probably what comes from having a vegan chef as his significant other. He'd likely have to sleep on the couch if he did as you suggested. :lol:

I'd quote some of nastier bits except I got it from the library and have since returned it. The frustrating part is that except where he can't see beyond the end of his nose about LC diets the book is otherwise quite good.

dpionk
Thu, Jul-07-05, 15:16
I thought Supersize me was good, especially the extra part at the end where he experimented with how fast McDonalds fries mold...let's just say it took A LONG time. It just grossed me out. I saw the previews for this new show but I don't know when it's on, what channel?

eve25
Sun, Jul-17-05, 21:00
Morgan Spurlock would never do it.
maybe he WOULD do it....for opposite reasons than us!!! he may want to prove lc does NOT work as well.

scthgharpy
Mon, Nov-14-05, 15:42
Im renewing this thread, because I finally saw the supersize movie this last weekend-WOW, was it a ride! Clearly, his approach was less than scientific, and he made the movie to support his personal view. Not to say hes not right, but it wouldnt be hard to tear his "logic" apart.

That being said, the only real complaint I have about it is that he blamed all his ailments on the fat....what about all the carbs and toxins? All that stuff contributed to his ill health together, but dont go villanizing fat without also villanizing sugar. Remember how he said he felt better right after he ate? Thats the sugar high! Then he crashed. Fat doesnt do that to you, sugar does.

I didnt see the fat guy get surgery. i happened to be in next room, and heard husband say WHOA!!! glad I missed it. Yuckola.

But one thing I wanted to share, was the end of the movie, after he drops his mcdonalds binge, he went vegan for a while, to the delight of his militant vegan chef girlfreind (thats the worst thing about vegans and vegetarians-theyre SO BETTER than thou, you know?)-he went back to eating meat after like, a month. HA!

Galliard
Fri, Nov-18-05, 12:03
And remember the guy in Supersize Me who ate three or four Big Macs a day and never touched the fries? He was very skinny and he'd been doing this for years. You wonder why Spurlock didn't put two and two together and figure out it's the carbs in the fries and extra large drinks that get you and not the fat.

Hybrid
Thu, Nov-24-05, 19:09
Vegans can eat fries. That's why.