PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Wings....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

danceheart
Tue, Jun-21-05, 10:07
So I read somewhere that it was ok to eat them... So I went to Dominos yesterday and WOW I felt guilty... still in a state of shock that I can eat this way... I looked up there carb count on Dominos nutrition info, before I went and each one was 1 carb but I really have been doing well with keeping my carbs low by eating whole foods only (still on introduction and plan to stay here for awhile). Is it ok to eat Ranch too... or Caesar... or Blue Cheese... I know they have like 1 carb per 2 tablespoons but again eating like this is really strange for me because I have been eating lo-fat and cal for so long, like most of my life. I have always been some what heavy even though I have had times when I was a little lighter. I was in weight watchers when I was 12, I am now 35 and I AM DETERMINED TO GET TO A SIZE I AM HAPPY WITH ! And Atkins seems GREAT ! Yet I still am having a hard time believing it can be this easy and I can eat so much fat. That I actually have to... Any info... support and encouragement on this would be great ! Thank you ! :wave:

Samantha22
Tue, Jun-21-05, 13:27
Its really a transition from local/lofat to locarb....you'll adjust..trust me...i did!
As far as buffalo wings....i think they're safe as long as they 1. aren't breaded and 2. dont have the actual BBQ sauce on them....but usually they come just deepfried with hotsauce....which is safe!

Melska
Tue, Jun-21-05, 13:51
Blue cheese is ok, as long as you aren't exceeding your 3-4 ounce limit of cheese. Ceasar is ok too...Ranch I am not sure, don't quote me on it but I think it has sugar...read the labels,...but I would just stick to the blue cheese to be safe. hope this helped!

wammydoo
Tue, Jun-21-05, 19:33
you know, I have wondered this too, about the buffalo wings. I was concerned that maybe there is some type of breading hidden on them or something. I guess they just seem to good to be true. haven't had them yet, but I think I am holding out for nothing!

danceheart
Tue, Jun-21-05, 21:00
I LOVE THIS WEBSITE AND THANKS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE !

Wammy doo I love your dancing cat !

emraybec
Wed, Jun-22-05, 15:39
Danceheart,

I really love wings too and can't believe they are ok now. I have also been lowfat/lowcal for a long time. In the mid 90's I lost 70 lbs on low fat/high exerciese. I now have high triglycerides and am in the beginning of type II diabetes so I now eat low carb. Anyway, thought I'd share my firehouse cook's recipe for wings with you. It's very easy.

about 1/3 of a larger size bottle of Franks hot sauce
1 TBLS of butter
1 1/2 or 2 lbs. of wings cut in sections and tips removed

Deep fry, bake or grill the wings until crisp. Put sauce in bowl with tight fitting lid and mix in butter. Place a few wings in the bowl at a time, cover and shake to coat. Make sure to carefully release pressure buildup every 30 sec. or so. Repeat until all wings are coated. Place wings in 250* oven in covered dish for 15 to 30 minutes to allow sauce to soak in. Serve warm with lots to drink. I serve with vegetables and dip.

You can adjust the spice level by adjusting the amount of hot sauce and butter.

Enjoy!