PDA

View Full Version : PA low carber

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

minervan12
Mon, Nov-12-01, 16:14
I am in PA temporarily for school....Bryn Mawr College!! Anyone around here??
minerva

fern2340
Mon, Nov-12-01, 19:28
Yep,
I'm very close..... I live in Upper Darby. If you check out the thread in the US forum you will see a thread with PA low carbers. There are a few of us around.....

Welcome to the board!
Linda

cheesepuff
Thu, Dec-27-01, 11:24
Hi,
I live in Harrisburg, the capital of PA. And I welcome you. I am also a newbie to Low Carbers and I hope with the help of my newly aqcuired friends that I can lose the weight and keep if off. So good luck to you

CheesePuff :wave:

Smith53
Mon, Dec-31-01, 08:57
:D Cheesepuff -- Glad to finally find someone close to home. I live about 35 miles north west of Harrisburg and work in Camp Hill.

How did you do over the holidays? I have determined to begin anew. Not only for myself, but for my kids.

cheesepuff
Mon, Dec-31-01, 10:23
Hey There,

I did terrible over the holiday's. Someone just wrote a note of encouragement in my journal to renew my commitment to LCing.
I'll try to do my best.
:spin:

StarOrchid
Wed, Feb-20-02, 15:56
hey guys, I'm in York, pa and go to college in Lewisburg, pa. :wave:

kagilmore
Mon, May-13-02, 15:34
Hi All,

It is nice to know there are other people so close to home. I was born and raised in Lock Haven/Mill Hall, PA. We are right off Interstate 80. We are midway between Williamsport, and State College, (Penn State University).

I have low carbed off and on for years. When I quit smoking, almost five years ago, I gained 75 pounds. My heart was never really into low carbing before, but since I am returning to college, after 25 years, to get my degree in culinary arts, low carbing has never been easier, or tastier, than it is now! I love veggies, so I have been creating wonderful new recipes, and not getting even slightly hungry! This is a wonderful forum, and I have enjoyed all aspects of it for some time now. I look forward to reading this forum, on an almost daily basis.

Best wishes to all!
Karen

Danae
Mon, May-20-02, 17:37
:)

Hi i'm origionally from arround Uniontown Pa.

I married a nebraskan who promiced he would
take me to see mountains every week. Boy did he
fib. if you've ever bin to Nebraska, you know what
i mean.

I'm a new kid on the block here, trying to git started
on induction again. wish me luck.

Nice to see some people on line from back home.

Danae

Atrsy
Sun, Jun-23-02, 09:14
Cheesepuff and Smith53, I live in Mechanicsburg. Maybe we could get together for lunch someday. If you think that would work, just send me a PM or visit my journal.

Smith, sounds like you live in Perry County.

Carol

maejul2002
Sat, Nov-23-02, 15:16
Hello,

I have been doing Atkins for about 4 months now. The program is great. I just discovered this great web site. Smith 53, I am from your area also. I have 2 small children and work partime as a physical therapist assitant. I look forward to reading all this great stuff on the forums. I am really into trying as many great low carb recipes as I possibly can. Thanks.

JoaniePA
Mon, Nov-25-02, 12:30
Hey! I'm from Wynnewood (very VERY close to Upper Darby and Bryn Mawr).

I did Atkins for 3 years -- almost 35 pounds in a year and then maintained for 2 years. But I got sloppy and gained back ten. No matter what I did, the second time around I could not lose on Atkins again. I started CAD and lost 3 in three weeks, so I think I'll keep it up for a bit.

Anyhow.. did you guys know there's a Trader Joe's going in at the Suburban Square shopping center in Ardmore?? They carry those low carb breads and tortillas, among other low-carb goodies. I keep hearing about them from other boards, but have never been in the store before.

Joanie

lkonzelman
Mon, Nov-25-02, 12:46
Hi... I live in Downingtown and work in Malvern so i'm pretty close too.

fern2340
Tue, Dec-10-02, 21:50
Hi Joanie and Lisa!
You are both so close to me! Thanks for the tip on Trader Joe's Joanie. That is good to know and Ardmore is so close!