PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks LC and no results

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rozimom
Wed, May-18-05, 13:54
Looking for encouragement- I'm 5'4" and 166# desperately trying to get back to normal 135# Any advice welcome!

cygirl
Wed, May-18-05, 14:06
Hi Rozimom and welcome,
What kind of exersize do you do?
have you been doing induction?
What is your daily intake of food!

Sometimes it does take time and patience

MetalMom
Thu, May-19-05, 00:13
Hi and welcome :wave: Dont worry, you will do this. Eat fresh, try not to steer off the plan, excercise and drink your water and you will be sucessful. And keep coming back to the forum for support :agree:

rozimom
Thu, May-19-05, 10:05
I've propably stuck to the plan 95% but lots of fresh veggies, fish, chicken. I haven't switched to decaf yet- could that be it? But no pasta, rice, bread or sugars. I walk 2 to 3 miles 4x wkly and pilates 1 x wkly. I'm discouraged but sticking to it.

vicki w
Thu, May-19-05, 10:18
Hi there
Don't get discouraged by it all just yet - have a look at what you are eating as this is usually the culprit. Make sure that the 20g's carb is actually 20g's as there are hidden carbs in a lot of things. I find that Coffee stalls me and so I limit my intake but during the first two weeks you should have seen movement if you are within your 20 a day. Try posting a few menus and we can check them out for you!
Good luck!! xx

joesfolks
Thu, May-19-05, 11:30
South Beachers don't count carbs!!!! We eat good carbs and good fats. i find that if I eat grain carbs early in the day it sets me up for a whole day of grain carbs which stalls me. Do you have a copy of the book? You can get on at the library or go to mizfrog.com to copy off the latest food lists. Hope you see a whoosh soon. :wave:

rozimom
Fri, May-20-05, 07:27
a sample day menu

8:30
2 eggs omelet with spinach, tomato and feta
coffee with non fat creamer

11:00
cheese stick

12:30
grilled chix on salad with tomato, onion, cuke, heart of palm and artichoke
iced tea

3:00
iced tea
hummus w/ cuke and celery

7:00
Tandoori chix and basmati rice( I slipped!)
water

9:00
handfull almonds

Okay I can see I'm not drinking enough water. But what else?