PDA

View Full Version : Heel Spurs are gone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bigdaddy99
Wed, May-18-05, 10:35
As I'm writing this, I'm half way to my goal weight, but I have a success to share with you.

I play fastball and last year I developed nasty heel spurs in my feet. It was so crippling that getting out of bed in the morning was painful. This was my wake up call, I had to lose weight. I started with a low carb diet and plenty of weight training... particularly my legs which I trained twice a week. My weight dropped from 290 to 265 lbs. But I stalled at this point so I decided to try Atkins. I'm currently at 251 lbs and I'm happy to report that after 3 games this year, there is no sign of the heel spurs!!! I am so happy, you have no idea how much this means to me.

I should also add I threw away all my crappy, no support shoes and bought new shoes with better supports and cushions. I also added heal and arch supports to my baseball cleats.

LadyArya
Tue, May-24-05, 02:15
Yeyah! Feels so darn good when the pain is gone, doesn't it? :D

I'm with you man. Loving life without pain for the first time in ages!

VictoriaT
Tue, May-31-05, 17:58
Wow! Good job and congrats on no heel spurs.

You are a hottie too-wooo hoooo. LOL Had to slip that in!

Keep up the great work!
Vicki

RD64
Fri, Jun-03-05, 04:15
Great news for you. I have noticed alot of aches and pains dissappear. Diabetes runs in my family and I wonder if alot of those pains is the onset of it. Since this diet I feel great.