PDA

View Full Version : Here I go...Day 1

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ponya
Tue, May-17-05, 09:33
OK, This is my first day smoke free. I have to do it this time. If I had a nickle for everytime I quit, I could probably buy a whole carton. :lol:
My final motivation was when I went back to the foot doctor and after breaking my foot 6 months ago, it's still not healing. He told me this was typical of long term smokers. So now I am back in a walking boot and have to get a bone stimulator to sleep in at night. Man, that was a wake up call. This whole experience has change my life. I decided to lose weight because I had to be in a wheelchair because I was too heavy for crutches. So I guess there is a silver lining to every cloud.

This is not going to be easy, I live in a house with 2 other smokers. My hubby is trying to quit with me, but my mom (who lives with us) refuses to consider it. But at least she smokes yucky cigarettes so I wont be tempted to get one from her.

I decided to join in on this club so that I could get the support from those who have gone before me, and those who are where I am now. I can do this. I just need to keep in mind what it's doing to me internally. :)

erinleigh
Tue, May-17-05, 10:01
Congrats on starting a new life for yourself! You are doing something smart! Smokings gross and if you have your hubby to help that'll keep you going! Congrats! :)

Tue, May-17-05, 10:03
Well today is a great day for you and we know you will be challanged by the cravingsd - but we know your strong. If you have to look back - look back at them as educational experience. You know whats coming - talk your way through the cravings, drink water and fight them off.

We know you can do it :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ponya
Tue, May-17-05, 10:11
Thanks for the encouragement!!

12 hours, 9 minutes and 48 seconds smoke free.

13 cigarettes not smoked.

$1.90 and 2 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 5/17/2005

It is literally one second at a time here for me right now....but I am getting through them!!

Tue, May-17-05, 10:17
Yep look at it now you already made a half day and you know you can do it= make sure you drink some water at cravings and be positive your winning this battle :) :) :) :)

Ponya
Wed, May-18-05, 17:15
1 day, 19 hours, 15 minutes and 21 seconds smoke free.

45 cigarettes not smoked.

$3.75 and 8 hours of your life saved

So far so good....I can do this!!!!!

Wed, May-18-05, 18:41
Just awsome - you are almost done with two - next it will be three , four a week
Keep going :thup: :agree: