PDA

View Full Version : Posterchild of the Turtles!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

heyang
Mon, May-16-05, 10:53
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum, but definitely not to dieting! In my 20s when I started to gain weight I believed the food pyramid, and my snacks of carrots and bagels and primarily carb high diet has led to 30 extra pounds in my late 30s. On the way I picked up PCOS (which is caused primarily b/c of weight gain), hypothyroidism, metablolic resistance (again, b/c of weight gain/carbs). I've tried Weight Watchers, South Beach, LA Weight Loss .... I read them all - inlcuding Protein Power, Carbohydrates Addict and Atkins. I know all about diet and exercise...but that didn't matter. My will or iron was done in by a bowl of cereal, oatmeal, bread, rice, sushi, soy sauce.... as soon as I had one, I wanted 20 more (blood sugar high) - then I'd be starving in 30 minutes. I finally got out all the books are re-read them again. I have settled on Atkin's b/c the info is sound, but I had to wrap my mind around it. In the first three weeks of induction I lost seven pounds - unheard of, but what was most important is that I WASN'T EATING OUT OF CONTROL - not one piece of chocolate (became a whole bag), french fry (became whole dinner), rice (became three more eggrolls). My weight loss is slow, that first seven pounds came the first ten days, then one pound, but the freedom from starving is worth it. Reading the posts I learned invaluable info! Can you tell I'm excited! I've bookmarked the page, now I've got some work to do............ I'll keep you posted.
Heyang

Ohio Kim
Mon, May-16-05, 11:36
Welcome aboard. I've found that by finding alternatives to foods I previously enjoyed has made this WOE much easier. I had to go shopping and find LOTS of foods I liked that were allowed. After that, I've gradually added in other things that are great LC variations and have found that making my own versions works just as good. Find what works for you and run with it.

edie
Mon, May-16-05, 18:28
Nice to meet you! Good luck on your ongoing weight loss!

MetalMom
Mon, May-16-05, 23:29
Hi and welcome :wave: