PDA

View Full Version : Trying to lose the weight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wannabe8
Thu, May-12-05, 22:23
HI, I am desperatly trying to lose 65 pounds. I have been on Atkins on and off for years and i think that i wore it out! I can lose about 15 pounds and then nothing for months! It just isn't fair. I was wondering if anyone else ever had this problem of just not being able to lose more weight on the diet that you always fall back on! I don't know if I need to try another low carb diet or if there is some new tricks since I did some research on this! Please help me lose this weight! I go back on to induction and still nothing! I really need some help with this.

:lol:

zorra_1
Fri, May-13-05, 08:51
Howdy wannabe8,

I just left another post to someone else who has done Atkins several times and finds it harder to lose weight now. I was like that too. When you hit that mark (where the scale won't budge), what do you do? How long do you stay on Induction? This may sound ridiculous, but I thought that because I lost a lot of weight on Induction, I should stay on it for a long time. I noticed that after about a month, my weight loss dramatically slowed and I was losing motivation. I started adding 5 carbs a week and things picked back up again. Also, if you aren't doing some sort of exercise, adding some may help you break through a stall. Good luck!

drina39
Sat, May-14-05, 20:28
My advice is to drink a TON of water, and exercise. Dont weigh yourself every week...its depressing.
And NO lc bars.
Everyone loses at a different speed.....just be patient, it will happen !
I am a 'slow' loser as well... ;)