PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong!?!?!?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mandee6m
Thu, May-12-05, 14:23
I was on Atkins a couple of years ago, before it was all over, and I lost a ton of weight, which I have slowly put back on. I restarted the plan a little over 2 weeks ago, and nothings happening, I don't really remember how long it took me the first time, to really start losing, but I'm ready. Is there any advice out there??? And do all of these new lo carb products really work???

Nancy101
Thu, May-12-05, 14:31
Hi and Welcome..

Your best bet is to stay away from all the "new low carb products" at least initially. From what I've been told, the second (or third or fourth, etc) time around on Atkins is harder as far as weight loss goes in that it is slower. Maybe someone can fill you in on the specifics behind this theory.

It's just way too easy to over eat the "low carb" stuff and with all the sweets, etc out there today you'll never lose that sugar craving - you're just basically replacing junk with junk. Once in a while for a treat I suppose the convenience products are okay, but I'd wait a while and add them in slowly down the line - stick to natural foods (meat, eggs, salad, etc) initially and you should do just fine.

MetalMom
Thu, May-12-05, 23:10
Ditto to what Nancy said. Stay away from th LC products. Fresh meats, eggs and LC veg is the way to go. After awhile the cravings go away. I am on day 18 and I haven't had one single craving since day 3 and its great. Hang in there. :thup:

zorra_1
Fri, May-13-05, 08:46
mandee6m,

A lot of here can attest to the fact that subsequent attempts with losing weight get more difficult. The first time I did Induction, I lost 11 pounds. Everytime I "cheat" and redo Induction that number gets less and less. Will you post what you've been eating? There may be some sneaky things in there that may affect your weight loss. Good luck!