PDA

View Full Version : Healthy tips

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alison528
Wed, May-11-05, 09:27
I would like to hear from all successful quitters their healthy tips for replacing smoking. Thanks.

drina39
Fri, May-13-05, 10:33
I quit on January 8th, of this year. It was TOUGH.
In the car, I would munch on celery, and hard boilled eggs. In the morning, I jumped on my treadmill before work. It took the place of two cigarettes :lol:
After dinner, same thing....treadmill and an exercise tape.
I had to cut out alcohol and coffee for a while....otherwise I might not have made it.

I also drank water whenever I had a craving. THAT HELPED TONS !!!! So, since quitting I have actually lost weight !!!
You can do it....you just need to REALLY want to quit badly.
Good luck :thup:

Fri, May-13-05, 10:40
Alison

Used water and mental talking through the cravings. Used toothpicks while driving - they are zero carbs, zero calories - no weight gain for myself or wife and we are almost through three weeks.

You can do it

Tim :)

alison528
Fri, May-13-05, 11:11
I allowed myself to trip up the other day. This morning my husband left behind 5 cigarettes when he went to work. I smoked them by 9:30. I thought what the heck I've already smoked, I'll try tomorrow. But instead I decided to be strong and quit today. I like the water tip. I think I will try to exercise for 5 minutes everytime I think that I want to smoke.

Fri, May-13-05, 11:48
But you have started the fight again and this time you know what to expect - you can do it - one other trick I did during the first two days is if the cravings got real bad - I went for a walk - just escaped it worked