PDA

View Full Version : novice with tons of motivation

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gringatica
Tue, May-10-05, 10:22
My daughter just turned me on to this site...I have been a vegetarian for 23 years. i eat cheese and eggs and fish....the older I've gotten the more flexible I am...oh, I also eat(ATE) M&M's, bagels, cookies, chips, drank martinis everyday, pasta, rice and beans and tons of tropical fruits and coffee, . Hey, those aren't meat or chicken!!! I live in Costa Rica and have organic fruits and avocados growing in my front yard and a coffee that grows all around. I'm visiting daughter and grandbabies in N. Carolina for a month and decided to change my evil ways. Still doing Atkins Induction and have a few more days left. If I can do this as an alcoholic, sugarholic, carbholic, saltholic, and bread/pasta/starchholic, then anyone can do it.
I turn 53 this coming friday May 13 and want to look and feel better for the rest of my life. Living in Costa Rica will be somewhat difficult due to the culture of rice and beans and fruits. I can find TVP though, but none of the frozen meatless products found in stores here in the U.S. My mind is made up and my cravings are already gone. Thanks for this forum of support and ideas. Glad to be on board.

MetalMom
Tue, May-10-05, 10:25
If I can do this as an alcoholic, sugarholic, carbholic, saltholic, and bread/pasta/starchholic, then anyone can do it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi and welcome to the site. You'll love it here. Oh Costa Rica...I am soooooo jelious

nets33
Tue, May-10-05, 13:39
Welcome!

You might want to check out this area:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=109

It is the area specifically for vegetarians! :)

Kiks

drina39
Sat, May-14-05, 20:35
Welcome to the forum ! :)

Ohio Kim
Mon, May-16-05, 11:40
You'll be looking beautiful in a beautiful country.. Good luck and Welcome!