PDA

View Full Version : hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KooLLaiD
Mon, May-09-05, 12:23
So I have decided to do Low Carb for 6-8weeks, as a Shock to my system, I have been doing Low Fat/Low Cal on and off for about 2 or so years, Have Lost 120+ LBS, have been on Low Carb for 1 week and am not really seeing any weight loss, discouraging to say the least. I am fairly Certain I have been well under 20g of carbs a day, so I know it should be coming off, what is strange is yesterday morning I weighed in at 216.8 and this morning 218.2 :(

Here is what I had yesterday

1-1.5 packs of Sunflower Seeds
8oz sirloin with Sauteed mushrooms
4oz Hamburger patty with 2 slices of cheese.
1-2 cups salad w/ 2-3 Tbsp of Ranch
1 atkins Peanut butter cup package(2g net carbs)
1 Pria Low Carb bar (2 g net carbs)
1 whole egg
2 whole Deviled eggs.
1.5 sausage
3-4 cans of Soda(splenda)

Today so far is:
1 sausage
1.5 deviled eggs
and for the rest of the day
1 sausage, 1.5 deviled eggs
3-4oz chicken breast with 1 slice of swiss and sauteed mushrooms x3(sauteed mushrooms only for 1 serving)
2 deviled eggs.

I need help, ketostix are showing trace amounts, I will be kicking it up at the gym again too, I was slacking last week. The sausage btw has 0 carbs. Yesterday I was bad on soda and will not be anymore, 1 can maybe 2 max a day. I also drink a lot of water, 1.5-2gallons a day. I am also going to eat only a plain chicken breast as my last meal, more than likely what has messed me up some is I have been eating too much fat at night, even though I am waiting 3 hours before sleeping. Gotta cut out the deviled eggs at like 10. lol.

Samantha22
Mon, May-09-05, 12:30
Well..i'd say IMO...if you're going to give LC an honest try..then start with an induction...and that means no lowcarb bars, peanut butter cups, sodas...that type of thing for atleast the first two weeks.....that could be the reason that your weight is not coming off. Make sure you're drinking enough water...and try putting your foods into fitday.com...its easy to use and you might find that your carb count isn't as low as you think it is. The other thing i would suggest is that you not use LC as a "shock to your system"...its not a shortterm diet...it truly is a way of life...a new way of eating...and if you go back to eating a diet full of carbohydrates and sugars....which is typical of a low calorie diet...you will probably find that the weight will come bacck. Goodluck...I hope that this plan works for you!

KooLLaiD
Mon, May-09-05, 12:37
Well..i'd say IMO...if you're going to give LC an honest try..then start with an induction...and that means no lowcarb bars, peanut butter cups, sodas...that type of thing for atleast the first two weeks.....that could be the reason that your weight is not coming off. Make sure you're drinking enough water...and try putting your foods into fitday.com...its easy to use and you might find that your carb count isn't as low as you think it is. The other thing i would suggest is that you not use LC as a "shock to your system"...its not a shortterm diet...it truly is a way of life...a new way of eating...and if you go back to eating a diet full of carbohydrates and sugars....which is typical of a low calorie diet...you will probably find that the weight will come bacck. Goodluck...I hope that this plan works for you!

When I switch back to the Low fat eating, I will slowly enter in the carbs, as it was I was limiting my carbs to 100-150 a day. Not a lot of sugars, always tracked that.

I am doing induction, but what I have read is that malitole and what not was fine for it. I am not going to have anymore of the candies though atleast for this week, and will limit my soda intake to 1 a day, I only drink sodas made with splenda too btw. Ketosis which is the goal of Low carb eating is actually something Bodybuilders cycle off and on of, A lot of them use Ketosis to "Cut" I am using it for a short period to drop some body fat which is what it is good for from what all I have read.

Big thing I forgot to Include, I am Combining this Diet with a Tried and True ECA Stack(25mg Ephedrine/200mg Caffeine/325mg Aspirine) the only thing I could find about the caffeine is it might cause Cravings, which I can deal with.

Samantha22
Mon, May-09-05, 12:40
Gotcha...well goodluck....as long as you can handle the cravings....i'm all for it! I know that alot of times sugar alcohals can slow down the weight loss....but you seem to have a long term plan/goal...and i hope that this can work for you....goodluck!

KooLLaiD
Mon, May-09-05, 12:56
Gotcha...well goodluck....as long as you can handle the cravings....i'm all for it! I know that alot of times sugar alcohals can slow down the weight loss....but you seem to have a long term plan/goal...and i hope that this can work for you....goodluck!

Thanks, I am going to stay away from the candies for atleast a week and see if this helps.

Juli_G
Mon, May-09-05, 21:46
Hi and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here! Best of luck to ya! Let us know how you're doing!! :wave: