PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Katzue
Wed, May-04-05, 14:07
Hi, this is the second time low carbing. The weight is slowly dropping off and I keep stalling/cheating/doing horribly. I haven't been working out and I'm not sure why I am so lazy and unhealthy.

My name is Caitlin. I am a college student from Ohio. I am on a limited budget and I don't eat any protein besides vegetarian/chicken/fish/turkey.

If anyone has any helpful tips, motivating stories, or cool workouts/recipes for me, it would be much appreciated!

2cute4u_04
Wed, May-04-05, 14:20
hey im from ohio too.....if you live on campus...try walking around campus for exercise....if you like to eat a lot of meat you should try a meat and egg fast...the weight will drop quickly

petersn78
Wed, May-04-05, 14:21
Hi there,
Just wanted to stop by and say hi, and give you some words of encouragement. Just try and think about what you are eating and the long term affects that it will have on you when you feel like binging or cheating. I have been trying that alot lately and it has helped me from binging. I am definately the queen of binging or was I should say. Try and make lots of food for the week that way you will have stuff when you are hungry and wont cheat like make some deviled eggs,etc. I hope this helps a little bit and I wish you all the luck in the world. You can do this!:) Have a great day

craze4carb
Wed, May-04-05, 16:22
Hi, Im also a college student living on campus. I have been doing the Atkins program for about a week and my cravings for sugar are gone. My roomate and I used to be really terrible. We would go on weeks of low calorie deprivation diets and then end up binging on ice cream and brownies! Both of us have been following Atkins for about a week, I must admit that the first three days are pretty bad if you are used to a lot of sugar but if you can make it through those few days, im confident that you will lose your cravings for the sweets! Im not sure how your campus is but here in Washington we are required to have meal plans that allow us access to a buffet style set up. This was a horrible set up for a low calorie diet but Im finding that it is a lot easier to follow low carb in the college setting. I start out my day with an omelet full of meat and cheese (how delightful!). Then for lunch I will have some sort of a salad such as taco salad, or chicken ceasar. If I get hungry in between classes, hard boiled eggs and string cheese are great pick me ups. I finish out my day with another serving of meat such as baked chicken breast and a side of low carb veggies. (asparagus,green beens, peppers, onions etc.) I hope this helps! I might just be rambling and in that case...sorry! Good luck on your weight loss quest!

Katzue
Wed, May-18-05, 12:23
Hi there,
Just try and think about what you are eating and the long term affects that it will have on you when you feel like binging or cheating. I have been trying that alot lately and it has helped me from binging. I am definately the queen of binging or was I should say. Try and make lots of food for the week that way you will have stuff when you are hungry and wont cheat like make some deviled eggs,etc. I hope this helps a little bit and I wish you all the luck in the world. You can do this!:) Have a great day

Thank you. I took your advice and made deviled eggs to eat in the morning before I dash off to my 7 AM class... I keep a baggie full of turkey bacon and a pitcher full of water with cut up cukes, celery and peppers. My room mate decided to jump on the bandwagon, but she started phase 2 of south beach so the only possible cheat foods are brown rice and whole wheat pasta... Which take too much work in addition to cooking my dinner for me to even want to.

I have been cheat free for... This is my 9th day!!! I am at a steady 176, which makes me happy because I have been steadily losing, not yo yoing. I appreciate the support!!!

PS I bought the Carmen Electra striptease videos, Crunch Pilates, and some weights... I might not go to Curves as much as I should, but I am taking O-chemin a 6 week session... It's funny how even though I have no spare time, I am spending a LOT more time cooking and working out because I have to plan every minute of every day instead of lazily cheating on convenience foods and skipping workouts :-) Thanks for your motivation... It really does help!~

Katzue
Wed, May-18-05, 12:25
Hi, Im also a college student living on campus. I have been doing the Atkins program for about a week and my cravings for sugar are gone. if you can make it through those few days, im confident that you will lose your cravings for the sweets! Im not sure how your campus is but here in Washington we are required to have meal plans that allow us access to a buffet style set up. Good luck on your weight loss quest!

I am living off campus this summer.... It makes such a difference. I have taught myself to cook healthfully... I never knew sauteed veggies and chicken and fish could be so delightful and eaten so many different ways!!!!

You sound like you're doing really well... GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!