PDA

View Full Version : Hello all..introducing me:)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hther
Thu, Apr-28-05, 17:13
undefinedundefinedundefinedHello to all of you out here. My name is Heather. I have been doing this atkins WOE since January 4, 2005. So far I have lost 21 pounds. I am definately one of the slower losers out here I think. I am married (for the second time) and between the two of us we have 6 (yes I said six) children that all live with us. The oldest is 19 the youngest being 6. We have a house full. I find that sometimes it is very difficult making my household there dinner and then turn around and make me mine. I have yet to cheet since I started, just a slow loser. I have excersized pretty regular since I started and have actually, beyond my belief, turned into a excersize junkie. I did see the hundereds about 2 weeks ago, but now back up to about 203-205, frustrating, very very frustrating. I refuse to quit this, not only because I want to be thin, but also because I LOVE the way I feel on this. I don't ache all over when I get out of bed in the mornings, and I am not feeling miserable after I eat. My children think I am crazy, and my husband gets made that I dont eat with them anymore. But I refuse to quit. If anyone has any great advise for me, I would greatly appreciate any input to help me get out of this "slow losers club" :help:

kwikdriver
Thu, Apr-28-05, 17:25
Wow, cooking for 6, and still sticking to it. Congratulations, and best wishes for future success. BTW, you might want to start a journal to make friends and such. Click here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775) for instructions.

And just for you...

http://tvland.classictvhits.com/BradyBunch/Pics/Brady19.JPG

LilliBeth
Thu, Apr-28-05, 18:49
Hi Heather and welcome aboard.

Yes, you should start a journal. That way we can stop in and say hello and see how you're doing.

Wow - you definitely have a house full and you're own challenges! Hang in there though, you can do it.

You might check out Atkins.com and go to the Turtle Club section of this site. The first thing in that section is a sticky note that tells you lots of things to try to speed up your loss.

My daughter and I are both on this and she's been losing very slowly too. And I'm about the same weight as you and wanting desperately to get into 100's - so I empathize with you.

Good luck - hang in there - you can do it.
Stop by my journal and keep me posted on your progress.
Beth

suzzee2003
Thu, Apr-28-05, 20:15
KwikdriverThat is SO CUTE!!!!

Welcome Heather from a fellow slow loser to another! :) I have found that if I can incorporate my eating plan to fit into my family it makes life so much easier. For a quick instance If I make fried chicken for the family I make myself a stuffed chicken breast. I make things up in advance like side dishes that I know I can have and everyone seems happy about it because I am there with them! I have compiled a whole new recipe book for myself and it has been so helpful! Sometimes I make a really wonderful LC dessert called Blue Ribbon SF jello! Everyone loves it and they have no idea it is LC...If they did they would say it was nasty :) :) You can do this I know you can! Just Hang in here!!!!
We are here for you friend!