PDA

View Full Version : Congrads!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dontgiveup
Tue, Apr-26-05, 22:51
All of you are doing wonderful losing over 1 million pounds! Keep up (or should I say down) the great work!

I just read today that there are so many hidden carbs in those protein bars and shakes. I understand that glycerin is the main culprit. Have you heard this too? Maybe I'll just have to stick with meat, cheese and eggs and bleu chees dressing on some lettuce and forget the chance of having chocolate.

But then I ran accross that Ben and Jerrys very little sugar alcohol ice cream so maybe there's some hope?

Thanks,

Dontgiveup. :)

Paleoanth
Wed, Apr-27-05, 09:21
Welcome!

Some people don't have problems with the sugar alcohols and others do. I know that some sugar alcohols upset my GI tract to the point that if I decide to splurge a bit, I make sure it is on a day that I don't have to leave my house.