PDA

View Full Version : Old but New

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

omgrrl
Mon, Apr-25-05, 06:43
Hi all!!!
I'm not new to the low carb lifestyle, I've been off and on for 10 years. I am newish to this board, been lurking but first post.
I started lc because of health issues (candida, interstitial cystitis, endometriosis) and have overcome most of them. Still have occasional problems with candida and endo is getting better.
Anyway, I need to get back with it since I fell off the wagon hard this winter. I guess I was finally starting to feel much better and for the first time in years when I would eat something forbidden I didn't have immediate pain/discomfort. Well, that led to a three month binge.

So here I go again.
One of my big problems with lc is my disdain for most meat. I always try to get around eating meat usually by eating more nuts and dairy. One summer I existed almost completely on pb. Lost a ton of weight but was exhausted.
I've come to accept that there is no way around eating meat.
It must be done if I want to be healthy.
Not every meal should be a party.

Well, I'm excited to be discussing one of my favorite topics (food/diet) with all of you!!

Halla

joesfolks
Mon, Apr-25-05, 09:03
Welcome. I can't imagine not eating meat. There are times when I am "off" one kind of meat or another but I can always eat lean ground beef. Fortunately low fat cheese and eggs are a great way to get in some extra protien. Tuna is an inexpensive way to get fish in your diet too. And don't forget shrimp, it makes a great snack with some low fat cream cheese and a little coctail sauce.
Hope you will be successful again.

Cara73
Mon, Apr-25-05, 16:29
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)

bellybuton
Mon, Apr-25-05, 23:20
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! :)