PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jimjayhawk
Fri, Apr-22-05, 19:13
New to this forum... been eating LC for 20 months... lost 90#... 70# to go

I can maintain loss... having difficulty getting the losing to occur again... open to suggestions

Thanks,

Jim

jimjayhawk
Fri, Apr-22-05, 19:21
My breakfast - virtually everyday for 20 months
3 eggs
1/3 cup grated cheddar
3-4 ounces meat (whatever I have - chicken, ham, etc)
2 glasses of water

morning:
decaff coffee with saccarin, 1 teaspoons of nondairy creamer (2 carbs per)
1-2 glasses of water

lunch
salad - maybe 1 1/2 - 2 cups bagged salad mix
4-6 ounces meat (I love the salmon packets) or whatever I have around
1/3 cup grated cheddar

afternoon 1-2 glasses of water
occasionally a diet coke (can 1 hurt?)

Supper:
4-8 ounces meat - mostly poultry.. occasionally fish, beef or pork
salad - bag lettuce, 1/2 small tomato, 1/3 cup grated cheese, no-carb dressing

evening:
diet rite cola
1/3 to 3/4 cup of almonds - most nights 1/3 or none... particularly weak moments 3/4

Workout - 3-4 times a week walking 3 miles, 30 minutes on Concept II rower or Schwinn Airdyne...

Ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

ParaCristo
Fri, Apr-22-05, 20:38
Hey guy, your doing good dude. maybe cut down on the breakfast protein
or cut out the egg yolks, I had problems w/ eggs, I never seemed to lose weight when I ate them. I don't know though. Like I said I'm no expert.
Tell me whatcha' think?

bellybuton
Fri, Apr-22-05, 20:50
Well...I am no help cuz I cheat waaaaaaay too much....but I just gotta say....

Dang! You rock!!!!!

Welcome to the forum.

jimjayhawk
Sat, Apr-23-05, 06:46
Another low-carb friend pointed me toward www.fitday.com (free enrollment).... talk about humbling.... when I entered yesterday's fare (which was typical of low-control day), I had 2500 calories - not bad for a guy my size... but nearly 60 carbs - little wonder I've been maintaining with minimal loss.

Jim

Jiggerz
Sat, Apr-23-05, 06:57
How many carbs were you aiming for a day?
I have to limit my cheese to 2 oz. a day (although I've pretty much avoided it lately), you're eating 1 cup a day....but then again, you're a guy...faster metabolism.

Great weightloss for you so far, good job!

kwikdriver
Sat, Apr-23-05, 07:10
Another low-carb friend pointed me toward www.fitday.com (free enrollment).... talk about humbling.... when I entered yesterday's fare (which was typical of low-control day), I had 2500 calories - not bad for a guy my size... but nearly 60 carbs - little wonder I've been maintaining with minimal loss.

Jim

How closely are you measuring your portions? At 5'11" and 295, and exercising regularly, you should be losing about a pound a week on 2500 a day. Watch the salad dressing -- the calories can add up fast from that stuff, and you don't even know it. If you really are at 2500 calories a day and not losing, you are something I would have sworn didn't exist: a human being with a slower metabolism than mine.

jimjayhawk
Sat, Apr-23-05, 15:32
and I've probably had worse days... that i don't even want to think about...

I'm going to do 2-3 days with no cheese, no eggs, no salad dressing just meat and a cup of vegies at meals and see if that gets me jumpstarted again...

While I can walk by the )_(!&!!^%!!!(*)(&)&*_*!! cookies & donuts coworkers bring in... I'm pretty certain I've hit the nuts, cheese, salad dressings, etc. a bit too much...

When I dropped the initial 90... I wasn't touching caffiene, nor diet rite, or any of the various frankenfood snacks... since then I've dabbled a bit too much with these... and while they don't set me off on a binge like the hi-carb stuff would, they certainly do put a crimp in any desired weight loss.

Jim

suzzee2003
Sat, Apr-23-05, 15:37
Welcome!!!! You are sure doing fantastic already! :)
Just hang in there and you will be to goal before you know it!!!!!!!

Cara73
Sat, Apr-23-05, 23:09
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site to be very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!!

And since it looks like you already have a following :) I'd recommend starting a journal here. It's a great way for support and just to meet people.

Best of luck to you. :)

kiwigal
Sun, Apr-24-05, 02:07
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/kiwigal03.jpg

Melanie4
Sun, Apr-24-05, 07:18
Maybe the cheese, like others have said. I am a cheese-lover myself. Right now it does not seem to be affecting my losses, but I'm just in the beginning. I dread the day I might have to cut it back or cut it out <sob>. 90 lbs gone! WOW! I can't wait!