PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm a Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fourby4gal
Fri, Apr-22-05, 06:12
hello all. I decided to try Atkins on april 4, 2005 and only lost 5 pounds the first week. I got all depressed about this because I figured I'd lose all my water the first week which should have equaled 10 pounds. This is what I learned from all the other fad diets I've been on. Well I did more research on Atkins.com, talked to people that were on Atkins and joined some forums. I got really enlightened. I realized that with this diet it's more of a lose inches and slow weight loss which I think is great. Fast weight loss isn't good for anybody. Well I'm hoping this diet works for me. I've been on and off diets for most of my life. The smallest I've ever been was 100 pounds when I got sick which is way too skinny and I cried and wished I would gain some weight never realizing I would gain 100 pounds. :lol: So I'm here, I have the Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution edition 2002 and am learning more and more. I'm still on induction and probably will be for awhile. One thing I did pick up yesterday after reading the book was the ketostik and have no clue how they're supposed to work. Is it better to have a dark purple colour or a light pink. Even the instructions in the box weren't all that helpful. Also realized in the first two weeks of induction that I was doing a few things wrong. I didn't realize how important exercise was so I am now walking on my treadmill for 50 minutes a day. I also started a multivitam and am taking flaxseed oil. and boy am I babbling. But hello to everyone and I would appreciate some info on those ketostik. Also, does everyone on atkins drink decaf or can i eventually go back to my caffeine. I have more questions but that'll be for another time.

diana
5'6" age 42

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar013/sliderbug/lb/200/140/192/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

drina39
Fri, Apr-22-05, 06:13
Welcome to the forum !!! :wave:

Kristine
Fri, Apr-22-05, 07:09
Hi and welcome aboard! :wave:

Is it better to have a dark purple colour or a light pink.

Pink vs. purple is relative to the amount of water you're drinking. The more water you drink (which is generally good), the more pink they'll be. Think of it like a pregnancy test - postive is positive. ;)

LordWill21
Fri, Apr-22-05, 09:02
good luck :-)

Cara73
Sat, Apr-23-05, 23:40
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site to be very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!!

Best of luck to you. :)

kiwigal
Sun, Apr-24-05, 01:54
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/kiwigal03.jpg