PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Old WOE

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dws1119
Wed, Apr-20-05, 14:00
Good afternoon everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Diane. I have been following this WOE for over a year now. This will be the WOE for the rest of my life. Due to numerous medical problems, I had gastric bypass surgery last year. The LC woe is the recommended WOE by my MDs. Also if you really look at it. It is the only natural way to eat. I love to cook so I'm really in to doing lots of fresh foods. But since I'm only able to eat small amounts of food at a time, I end up doing the cooking for my older sister and my parents. Since we all live on the same farm I grew up on. They benefit by having healthy meals everyday and i get my cooking fix in. My mother is a severe diabetic and hypertensive. In the last year she has come off all meds except 1 for diabetes and 1 for blood pressure. She has lost over 70 lbs. My dad has lost 60 lbs also and no longer needs his prilosec.
My sister and her husband followed the old low fat diet for years. They kept getting heavier and heavier. They finally came around to my WOE a few months ago. They're going on a cruise this fall and really wanted to lose the weight. Since I have been cooking for them, each have lost over 30 lbs.
Many people think this just a fad diet. But we as consumers have to let them know it's not.

Iowagirl
Wed, Apr-20-05, 14:07
Welcome and congrats to you and your's, Diane! You can come and cook for me, anytime. :)