PDA

View Full Version : New to this.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SkyIan
Wed, Apr-20-05, 09:58
Hello,
My doctor told me I need to lose weight and suggested a low caloried diet.But also told me to watch my carbs.Not having so much a problem with calories but need to do something about the carbs.So I am looking around trying to see what you all eat and if I can really do LC.ANy advice would be welcome.
Evette :wave:

Roma-girl
Wed, Apr-20-05, 10:48
Hi, Evette,

Welcome to the forum!

I have been on Atkins for 2 odd months now and I have found that when you cut down on carbs, the calories go down as well and without getting any cravings or being hungry all the time!

I keep a (low-tech :) ) food journal (in a copybook!) and count carbs as well as cals!

I also have a journal here, but in this one I write more about what's going on in my life. It's a great feature of this site!

I really like this way of eating. :yum: Hope you will, too!

Anyway, good luck on your weight-loss journey! :wave: