PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Alicatspjz
Tue, Apr-19-05, 17:18
Hello everyone. I feel very glad to have found this site/forum. I have been reading inspiring stories and great lifestyle/diet tips for the last two hours. I hope I will get the support here that I can't seem to find in my life (lucky for me I am pretty independent and am being strong for myself). What a great site.

I just wanted to add, I am finally going to stick to this 'diet' because I am going to Europe this summer and I am sooooo worried about being stuck in a 17-1/2-inch plane seat for hours and hours on end. I lost 50 pounds two years ago just eating more healthy and exercising, but slowly gained back 30 over the last year and know it's really time to stop kidding myself. I never had to diet until I was an adult and I still think of myself as that trim tomboy of my youth. Also, I finally realized I needed my self-esteem back. When the heck did that fly out the window?!

kaysu
Tue, Apr-19-05, 18:12
hi alicats...i am also loving this forum, it has kept me motivated since starting my low carb woe on April 4, it was a slow start, but now into week 3 and I am starting to see and feel the difference, no cravings and I have been able for the first time lose weight without starving. it is all about the self-esteem!!

tonya0725
Tue, Apr-19-05, 18:22
Hi! I've only been part of this forum for a week or so, but it's been so helpful. Everyone is so nice and supportive. If you start a journal, you won't regret it. I'm finding that it keeps my honest with myself when I cheat or don't exercise. Knowing that other people will see when I cheat makes me want to cheat a lot less! Best of luck to you!

kaysu
Tue, Apr-19-05, 18:33
thanks for the tip tonya...i will work on starting a journal, i finally just figured out how to get my stats on my plan..and finally got around to the measurements. you have done amazing...58 llbs wow!!!

Roma-girl
Wed, Apr-20-05, 08:33
Hi, Alicat,

Welcome to the forum!

You've come to the right place for info and support!

It's a great help to people who - like us - do this on their own! :agree:

Luckily, LC is more a way of life than a 'diet'! I was SOOOOO fed up with that word (idea): I just didn't want to do it anymore!

Now I have been eating this way for over two months and I think I will NEVER go back to my former way of life (eating)!

I hear you about airplane-seats: they aren't built for us kind of people, are they! They're more like torture devices! :eek:

I also was a skinny kid as well as a tomboy until age 15 when all my (health)troubles began.

A journal is an excellent idea! Come visit mine if you like!

Anyway, lots of good luck on your LC-life journey! :wave:

Mariahamm
Sat, Apr-23-05, 23:01
Hi Ali,

I am so glad you told me about this forum. Sure enough I had joined a while back (Nov 2001) and I too found the site helpful. At that time I was still struggling with coming to terms it was not a diet but a change in lifestyle. Thank you for telling me about the website. I do feel reinspired. Love you.

MH

kiwigal
Sun, Apr-24-05, 02:09
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/kiwigal03.jpg