PDA

View Full Version : Any advise please!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

elananel
Tue, Apr-19-05, 05:50
Hi everyone!

I'm from South Africa and would really like to join in the low carb quest, but I don't know of any stores that sells propper low carb food. Can someone let me know where to find low carb food and snacks without having to search for hours!!!??

It would be very much appreciated.

Thanx
E

p-nut
Tue, Apr-19-05, 10:26
What do you mean by "propper"? Lots of fresh meat and veggies along with eggs,cheese and maybe cream and mayo is all you really need, aspecially for induction.

Have you tried or thought about ordering online? There are lots of websites that sell low carb food. Netrition.com is one of my favs :thup: and Atkins.com Unless your wanting the bars and candy :nono: You can probably find everything you need in your local grocery store. The best advice I can give you when shopping(keep in mind I'm not familiar with the stores in Africa ;) ) but here in the states if you keep to the outside of the store you tend to stay away from the "bad" stuff.
Good luck!

tigerstar
Tue, Apr-19-05, 11:07
Hello, and Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I agree with p-nut... you shouldn't be searching for low-carb products, especially in the early part of your new WOE... save those types of things for an occasional endulgence later on. For now you should be sticking with fresh, "whole" foods like meats and veggies. You can snack on meat or cheese, or even a few nuts... I'm no longer very familiar with Atkins, so I don't know what else to recommend, but basically, you can think of snacks as "mini-meals" -- have a smaller portion of whatever is allowed for meals.

Lots of luck to you!
:)

bellybuton
Tue, Apr-19-05, 16:11
Ditto what they said :D

Welcome aboard E!

Roma-girl
Wed, Apr-20-05, 09:11
Hi, Ela,

Welcome to the forum!

You know there aren't any LC products hereabouts either. At least, I haven't found any!

I have been doing Atkins now for over 2 months and I am eating just real food!

I try not to feel deprived because I can't buy LC candy bars or what have you! :yum:

I even think those things are too close to 'regular food' for comfort and could make you careless about this WOE! But that's just me!

Only wanted to say that you can do LC the old-fashioned way, succeed and love it! :agree:

Anyway, lots of good luck on your LC journey! :wave: