PDA

View Full Version : Am I too old and will it do any harm?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JohhnyH
Wed, Oct-31-01, 10:40
Hello everyone, I'm new to the boards and am 77 years old.
I've nearly finished induction and have lost 12 lbs.
Can somebody tell me if this diet may do me harm? My doc doesn't know. Thanks, Johnny

Ken
Wed, Oct-31-01, 12:48
Hi Johhny :wave:

Welcome to the forum and CONGRATULATIONS on the weight lose :clap:

{Can somebody tell me if this diet may do me harm? My doc doesn't know}

Do you mean that your Doctor doesn't know if an LC diet will harm you or that he doesn't know that you are on one :confused:

I'm no 'expert' but as long as you are following the Atkins book I don't think that you should have any problems. I'm sure that somebody with more knowledge than me will be able to verify that. If you get no other replies here (which I doubt), try posting this question in the 'General Health Issues' forum.

You will get lots of help and encouragement from your fellow members on the forum, just ask!!

Good Luck with this WOL (Way of Life)

Ken :daze:

Bez
Wed, Oct-31-01, 13:03
Hi Jonny,

Great weight loss...your never too old for anything and as long as your're enjoying the food then I don't see a problem.

I've been on this WOE for 2 months and I feel great so I don't think it can do any harm...what book/s are you reading?

I'm off to the doctors on Monday for a blood sugar and pressure test so I'll let you know the results, did the doctor take some tests and what did they say?

If you need any further help or advice then just look around the forum there's lots of great advice and tips all over so have a good look around

Happy LC'ing and hope to hear from you soon.

Bez

:roll: :roll:

fiona
Wed, Oct-31-01, 15:47
Hi Johnny :wave:

As you are now finished with Induction you are introducing carbs into your diet - very gradually. To my mind that is a BALANCED meal.

Plenty of people may tell you it is no good but if you have lost weight and YOU feel good in yourself let that be the criteria which decides for you.

Healthwise this diet has done far more for me than any doctor ever did!

Farmer and Politician: Interesting combination. It has been a very rough year for farmers. My compassion goes out to all who are affected.

Take Care.

Atriana
Wed, Oct-31-01, 18:15
Welcome! I'm not a doctor, but I can't see why eating low carb could hurt you. After all, isn't Dr. Atkins in his 70's? Definately take a good multi-vitamin and some extra potassium, magnesium and calcium. Good luck!

JohhnyH
Thu, Nov-01-01, 01:13
Thank you all for your knowlegde and help.
I feel great on the diet so far and will stick with it until the job is done.
The problem was that my doc didn't know anything about the diet and so couldn't give me an answer. I'm sure I'll find it on the bulletin boards.Good luck to you all and I will certainly heed your advice. I'm excited by it all
Johnny :hyper:

JohhnyH
Thu, Nov-01-01, 01:19
Thank you all for your knowlegde and help.
I feel great on the diet so far and will stick with it until the job is done.
The problem was that my doc didn't know anything about the diet and so couldn't give me an answer. I'm sure I'll find it on the bulletin boards.Good luck to you all and I will certainly heed your advice. I'm excited by it all
Johnny :hyper: