PDA

View Full Version : Patience is a Virture

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

icequeen42
Sun, Apr-17-05, 14:24
:wave: Today I discovered a whoosh, after posting eariler I decided that I needed to be positive about my replies, you see I abandoned the scale and measuring tape because they were not treating me fairly; well I guess it missed me because today at about 4:15 pm it told that I had lost 7lbs, I wonder if it's trying to bait me but whatever I'm excited and happy for now.
Hang in there fellow turtles we are losers too. Good luck everyone.

Icequeen42

Charran
Sun, Apr-17-05, 21:20
WTG on the weight loss! I know from past experience that I am a turtle and thought I would come over here and check out the Turtle Club. I have just re-started 2 weeks ago. The first week I lost 7 pounds. Last week, I gained 2. Go figure! Us turtles need to stick together because it can get very discouraging!

icequeen42
Tue, Apr-19-05, 12:33
Hi char,
Thank you, my past experience with losing was fast results, mine you, I did torture my body and jeopardized my health, but kept my weight in check. My world started crumbling about 10 years ago and I turned to food for comfort and let my weight balloon to the present me. I play around with 5lbs, gaining and losing during my stall, but the extra 5lbs could just be my scale. I check my calendar and noticed my TOM has been MIA for months; but it returned today and sunday the whoosh, maybe there's a connection, are you permenopausal? Hang in there.
Turtles Unite!!!

Icequeen42

Charran
Tue, Apr-19-05, 14:24
Hi Ice!

I'm not sure what the explanation is for the 2 pounds! Just my weird body maybe. I don't think I'm pre-menopausal yet, although I'm sure it may be just around the corner for me! I'm not getting too worked up over the gain (yet...lol). It's stuck around for a week already, so I don't think it was just a water gain, but who knows.

icequeen42
Wed, Apr-20-05, 15:57
Hi Char,
DO you think that with this WOE, we're becoming obsess with our bodies maybe for the first time in our lives; it's frustrating and at the same time WONDERFUL. It's been so long since I've even made an attempt to take care of me. I love it, being in tune with me and having others to turn to that understand. Considering where we came from you're right, a few pounds is nothing for us to get all worked up over. Keep losing and enjoying life.

Icequeen42