PDA

View Full Version : New To Site But Not to Low Carbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BeccaPooh7
Fri, Apr-15-05, 12:01
Hello!!! I am Becca. I started Atkins June 13, 2002. I went from 242 to 198. Then I gave up and stalled and now I am back April 15, 2005 to restart induction. I am Still at 198 fluctuating between 195 and 198.
I am not sure how to restart after restarting so many times. So I am gonna do JUST the basics, no low carb products just the plain and simple low carb foods. I have found that If I use ANY low carb products its invites me so to speak to other non low carb products thus ruining my efforts. When I first started lowcarbing I would NOT drink water. Water nauseated me. and now even though I have been offtrack, I still crave water. I never really went completely offtrack as you can see my weight has pretty much stayed the same as when I quit being so strict onmyself, so now I at least know what level of carbs i need to maintain. well enough rambling from me. Hope to get to know a bunch of you soon and support each other in our weight loss journeys to our new selves. Becca

Mommy to: Kiera, (8), Kaleb (6), and Abriana (4)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10717;118;0;0/c/-47/t/-92/k/8b53/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

big21dawg
Fri, Apr-15-05, 13:40
HI

Just wanted to say hi. We are actually very similar in our starting (I started at 235) and current weight (190). I have been low carbing since sept. 2004 and then the holidays hit...what a bust. But I have stayed right around 190 lbs. I too had to restart and I basically did what you did. I began with the basics. I only occassionaly use LC products...bars...food..etc. I find that many of the foods marked as LowCarb (salad dressing, sauces, etc.) are the same product as before but in a bottle saying low carb so I use them if they are the particular brand on sale that week. I try and stay away from the bars as they seem to put me in a stall. At any rate I am just getting back into the swing of things and would really like to find people to chat with and provide and get support from. I don't get into the forum very often so if anyone is looking to communicate via email I am game. I teach PE and so I don't get to be in my office very often. I have a new house that demands a lot of time when I am not working. I also play softball 3 nights a week, plus go to the gym daily...thus I usually check my email on my lunch hour at work. so if any one is game for email buddies feel free to email me at big21dawg~hotmail.com. Just put something in the subject line to let me know you are a fellow low carber.

Eva (aka big21dawg)

Fri, Apr-15-05, 16:01
We know you can do it this time

Sweetcake
Sun, Apr-17-05, 08:55
Welcome to the Low Carb forum!! I recommend starting a weight loss journal here... it will really help!! You can find out how to start a journal here...
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775

bellybuton
Mon, Apr-18-05, 00:29
you have come soooo far Becca......glad you are here :)