PDA

View Full Version : Turtles..try the meat/egg fast!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MiamiNicol
Wed, Apr-13-05, 16:26
I have done it the past 4 days and have lost about 5 lbs...I even had a bit of cheese and some coffee and cream (which put me above the 5 carbs minimum). I also exercised quite a bit too. Just thought this may help you guys!!!

Rosebud
Wed, Apr-13-05, 17:21
Hi there,

While a fast such as the meat/egg fast may help somebody who is genuinely stalled, I would never advocate such action for someone who merely loses slowly - ie a "turtle."

Before attempting any sort of "fast" I would recommend members read the thread Wait! Before starting a stall-buster, read here. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=240087)

Rosebud:rose:

MiamiNicol
Wed, Apr-13-05, 17:25
Thanks Rosebud, but I had already read that thread. I understand not everyone should try it, but it worked for me, I have been stalled for a VERY long time. Anyhow, thanks for your advice.

craftymama
Sun, Apr-24-05, 15:16
after 7 weeks of stall, i tried the meat and egg fast. by day 5 i hadn't lost anything i felt nauseas and tired. then after surfing the net, discovered that my caloric intake of about 100 a day was to low. upped my calories, lost 5 lbs
laura

craftymama
Sun, Apr-24-05, 15:16
meant 1000 calories