PDA

View Full Version : Newbie posting for the first time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carina64
Wed, Apr-13-05, 11:18
Hello,

I happened to stumble across this website today and decided to join.

First let me say, that I just started my low carb lifestyle on April 4.

In 2003, I lost a lot of weight on WW with my lowest weight at 149.
Since that time, I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have had 3 surgeries for endometroisis, with the last one in December. Needless to say, I regained the weight and since February this year, I have tried unsuccessfully to lose any weight on WW like I did in the past. I have exercised regulary since February, when I was released my physician.

I have since re-read my thyroid book, which suggested low carb.

I know I have a long road to follow, but I'm hoping my new low carb lifestyle will help me achieve my weight loss goals once again.

jadefox26
Wed, Apr-13-05, 11:22
Welcome to the forum, you will find many experianced and friendly folk on here. Good luck in your weight loss joruney :)

Akaila
Wed, Apr-13-05, 11:22
Hi and welcome to the forum :wave: I am also hypothyroid, I have tryed all kinds of diets to shed the weight that I have gained and Atkins is the only one that actually works for me. Good luck to you!

FabByFifty
Wed, Apr-13-05, 11:29
Welcome Carina64! And Good Luck to you! I wish you luck with your health also!
Keep reading and posting, there is a lot of info here that can help you on your journey.
You seem to have a good attitude and that is great! :) :thup:
Start a journal, this is a great way to meet people here, and join a challenge or 2 they really help to modivate you and keep you here, and keep you going!

I am like you, my second time around, and I also started in Feb. of this year again. I did not lose nothing for 2 months. But, I finally broke the stall and I am on a downward spiral now with my weight! :)
You will get there too, so Good Luck and Welcome again!
Brenda

tommiec68
Wed, Apr-13-05, 11:39
WELCOME!!! You will be so glad to have found this site. It will not only meet but exceed your expectations. These people are the best.
Tammie

dmcoluccio
Wed, Apr-13-05, 12:01
Hi Carina64. I'm new here too. I've been reading posts for weeks and loved all the advice. I decided to join for support. We have something in common -hypothyroidism. Have you gotten yours regulated yet? I've had a tough time dieting over the last year too. The only thing that works for me is Lowcarb. I've read on many Thyroid sites that even if you're regulated, your body still has a tough time dealing with carbs. Why? I don't know. There's not much known about Thyroid disease like, how do you get it? How do you cure it? Only, how to regulate it with medication. My doc says there's just not funding for reseach on it and until there is we'll never know these answers. I know hormonal changes is one cause which is probably how I got it...from my 2 pregnancies so close together.

Good luck to you on lowcarbing, Deanna :wave:

carina64
Wed, Apr-13-05, 12:08
dmcoluccio,

Last time I had my TSH checked, I was regulated. I also found that since my 3 surgeries(I've finally had a total hysterectomy), the majority of my weight has come in my abs, hips and thighs. It is so depressing when I go out shopping. Clothes just don't fit me correctly with all this extra weight.

suzzee2003
Wed, Apr-13-05, 18:51
Welcome! You will do great, the support here is the best!