PDA

View Full Version : Newbie! with a question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

qbnshrt
Mon, Apr-11-05, 17:37
Hi! My name is Elly, and I'm new! I have a question abot trying to conceive a baby while living the low carb lifestyle.

Does the food plan hurt the chances of achieving pregnancy? My husband and I have been trying for about 7 months now, but I've been doing the low-carb lifestyle for just under a year now. We've been unsuccessful in our attempts, and I've been wondering if the low-carb lifestyle is what's hurting me.

I would really appreciate anybody's input!

Thank you!

Naledi
Tue, Apr-12-05, 07:43
Hi :wave: ,

WELCOME to the forum. I am in your same situation. I am trying to have a baby from last two years but not successful. Showed many doctors and they suggested me to lose weight and since then I am trying to lose but without any success. So here I am in the LC program trying to lose. But I have just started. Just two weeks old on Atkins. So I can't give you an answer but would expect others could help. I would be happy to know if anyone doing LC fell pregnant.

BR.

Nikara2005
Tue, Apr-12-05, 14:50
I have the same problem and I also have PCOS. I have been low carbing for 3 months and finally for the first time in my life I have had three normal periods three times in a row. I am told that it is due to my new lifestyle...talk it over with your doctor...have you been tested for infertility??

qbnshrt
Wed, Apr-13-05, 08:12
I haven't been tested (nor has DH), but I only have 3 charts to take in, even though we've been timing it (and the whole nine yards) for about 7 or 8 cycles.

I was just hoping to figure out if maybe it's the eating...my cycle used to range from 31-37 days, but once I started LCing I've had pretty steady 28-30 day cycles. One went up to 37 days (I was training for a 3Day walk), and the shortest was 26 days (don't know why)...But, they're generally textbook cycles now.

That's why I'm at a loss. Don't know if it is LCing that's doing it, and I still have a few more cycles (5 at least) before I can go back to my doc. for testing.

Thank you for your input...any other ideas? :help:

FabByFifty
Wed, Apr-13-05, 08:20
Hi I am not a doctor, but I can not see a positive way of eating, or living having any negative effects on becoming pregnant, or conceiving a baby. So, I would talk to my doctor only because you are having trouble conceiving. You should be fine with what you are eating, and Good Luck to you all of you, I hope that you all hear the sound of little feet soon! Or at least know that you will be hearing them soon!
Brenda

Sometimes if you don't try so hard, it just happens. Just have patiences. :)