PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Wild Lotus

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wild Lotus
Mon, Apr-11-05, 15:07
Hi! I'm new to this board. Please bear with me while I try to figure everything out. It's easy to get lost here. I haven't even set up a journal yet.

Anyway, I'm starting Atkins for the second time today. I did induction last year, felt so good on induction that I stayed at that level for another week or so. Then I started eating the low-carb bars and candy and other stuff. Stalled my weight loss and even worse, set me up for wicked cravings. So I just gave up.

In the past, I lost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers right before my wedding (5 years ago). I liked the program, but I was starving ALL the time.

This time I was thinking about doing induction for two weeks and then switching over to Weight Watchers new Core program - seems to be mostly low carb and similar to South Beach. I'm not sure, I don't know much about it. I guess I'll decide over the next two weeks.

However, maybe I'll stay on Atkins because after just one day on induction, I feel really good (except for the minor headache I've had all day). The best part is that I haven't been ravenous all day. As a matter of fact, I had a big breakfast and a fairly small lunch and dinner because I just wasn't that hungry. I remember this from the first time I did Atkins, I was almost never hungry. I guess I'll see how it goes.

(I should explain my stats = I started Weight Watchers three weeks ago and lost four pounds total, but I switched programs because I was eating a lot of junk and having wild blood sugar swings and I was starving all the time.)

Kd6711
Tue, Apr-12-05, 07:03
Welcome, there is lots of support here. Have a great day today!

tumteetum
Tue, Apr-12-05, 08:56
Hi and welcome to you :)